Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Phillips Recall - Who is Getting the DS2's First?
RE: Phillips Recall - Who is Getting the DS2's First?
I was quick to register two devices that are both under warranty, the DS1 and the DS Go. I might have been one of the first to receive a DS2, it was a month ago I received my mystery box.

I do not know what the plan is for the DS Go.

I have had some weird random SD card reading and loosing Bluetooth pairing issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
I registered my not quite 2 year old DS1 with Philips on June 27th and just got a DS2 from them via FedEx yesterday (Sept. 20th).

Now my debate is do I use their prepaid return label to send them back an empty box (perhaps with some bricks in it), or do I just throw out the label?  There’s no way in hell I’m sending them the DS1, just so they can destroy any evidence of health risks from it!
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you are right, newer machines that are still under warranty are being replaced first. 

I received my DS1 in April of this year and registered it in late June when I heard about the recall on Facebook. I received the DS2 replacement on September 26. It just showed up on my doorstep as a FedEx delivery with no advance notice. I did not use an ozone cleaner. 

I purchased a Fisher and Paykel SleepStyle out of pocket after the recall because I feared I would not receive a repair or replacement for up to a year. It is a far better machine for me than either of the Philips products. It is designed better and my AHI numbers are about half of what I get with the Philips devices at the same settings. It is also now supported by OSCAR, so it is unfair to continue calling it a brick. 

I am going to keep the DS2 as a backup. Rent payments are being made by Medicare to my worthless and dishonest DME supplier. Under no circumstances am I going to return the DS1. If Philips wants to sue me, I will counterclaim for the cost of the SleepStyle I purchased. 

Steptoe
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2021, 11:18 AM)Steptoe Wrote: I think you are right, newer machines that are still under warranty are being replaced first. 

Doesn't seem to be in my case. I got my DS1 in July of 2017. I received a DS2 replacement about a month ago. I used the DS2 1 night to try it out then put it back in the box. I continue to use an Airsense 10 I bought out of pocket when all this 'stuff' started. 

I won't use the DS2 because OSCAR can't read it's data card. 

I'm still holding onto the DS1 even though Phillips asked to have it returned for 'proper disposal'. I guess I'm dreaming that maybe one day in the future I can get the replacement parts and repair it myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2021, 08:54 PM)ClearSkies Wrote: I registered my not quite 2 year old DS1 with Philips on June 27th and just got a DS2 from them via FedEx yesterday (Sept. 20th).

Now my debate is do I use their prepaid return label to send them back an empty box (perhaps with some bricks in it), or do I just throw out the label?  There’s no way in hell I’m sending them the DS1, just so they can destroy any evidence of health risks from it!

Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,065 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 128 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,245 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 204 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Just given a Phillips Dreamstation 2 the same day Phillips agrees to stop selling Montacute 39 1,469 02-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Angry [Equipment] MORE PHILLIPS ISSUES srlevine1 3 705 02-01-2024, 12:28 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Phillips update. Big Guy 0 272 01-29-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.