Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

airlift a-20 leaking badly
airlift a-20 leaking badly
BIPAP MASK LEAKAGE. I have been using A bipap for many years. The a20 resmed air fit which I have used for many years is leaking badly.
Started when the mask was new. I exchanged it for another  air fit a-20. same thing is happening. I am totally frustrated. Waking up after a couple of hours sleep. The mask leaking from all sides making farting noises so loud I cannot sleep.This mask has worked for me in the past. Did I hit a bad batch of masks? My pressures are from 10in h20 to 17in h20. Please help if you have any answers. Thanks in advance
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: airlift a-20 leaking badly
HONDA GOLDWING, Welcome

If the mask and headgear are new (or fairly new) then you may just need to make some adjustments. Have a look at the Mask Primer Wiki here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Mask_Primer
It may help.

Have you lost/gained significant weight recently? If so it may require a different mask size.

Getting the mask to fit just right is often a matter of trial and error, and may require periodic adjustments.

If you are using OSCAR you can post a screenshot of your daily charts (see links in my signature). It may shed some light on a possible cause.

BTW - your profile doesn't say which Bipap you are using (PR, ResMed, other). You can update your profile with your exact machine here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/usercp....on=profile
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated Quitethe1 73 1,681 Yesterday, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 372 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 342 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 595 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Was doing well, AHI slightly higher, lots of leaking between 4-5am. jkang9080 4 565 12-14-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,460 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  Resmed Airlift P30i vs. AirFit F30i Jose Castro 2 801 10-19-2023, 10:52 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.