Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Data Change
Resmed Data Change
Apparently, Resmed has decided to privatize its CPAP data and make it no longer available on SD. Are there any options or workarounds available? I've been using Oscar since they picked up the SleepyHead project and would like to continue doing so with my next machine. Is there a valid ( not self-protective or monetary) reason they did this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Data Change
This would be news to me, if true. The latest version of OSCAR v1.4.0 handles the data from the S9, AS10, and AS11 CPAP machines.

It was Philips Respironics that decided to encrypt the data on the SD card, and after some considerable effort, members of the OSCAR team mangaed to work out the decryption keys, so OSCAR v1.4.0 reads the data from the DreamStation 2 as well as earlier models
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
That would be true of Philips as they encrypted the DS2 data and have taken the actions you have accused ResMed of.  The main purpose of v1.40 of OSCAR was to make that encrypted data on the DS2 available to you the user.

If you meant ResMed please provide references that we can check that out.  Please let us know either way.
Post Reply Post Reply
I must be misremembering then. I don't recall where I read it so I must not be recalling things correctly. Perhaps it was Philips I read about and mentally made the connection to Resmed. Either way, I'm glad to be wrong about this.

So, to straighten out my confusion,  both the Resmed 10 AirSense 10 AutoSet (Card-To-Cloud) and the AirSense 11 AutoSet (pushing the MyAir app) have readable SD cards.  I'm considering a backup machine and have been a bit hung up on this.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's correct. All AS10 and AS11 machines create SD card data that OSCAR can read.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2022, 10:35 AM)pholynyk Wrote: That's correct. All AS10 and AS11 machines create SD card data that OSCAR can read.

Thanks. I'm glad to be mistaken about this.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 3 217 04-15-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 115 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 353 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 320 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,938 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,865 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 283 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.