Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night
Question 
Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night
Hello all,

I've lurked on this board a bit in order to improve my CPAP therapy, and I believe I'm at a point where I can use some knowledgeable and wise advice from the people here. I'm approximately 2.5-3 months into therapy, and I keep running into the issue of keeping my mask on. 

I've tried the following masks:

1. Resmed AirFit N20
  2. Resmed AirFit N30i
  3. Respironics DreamWear Nasal Mask
  4. F&P Eson 2 Nasal
  5. ResMed AirFit P30i (Just swapped the cushion for pillows in the AF frame) [Currently Using]

I've had varying levels of success with each, but none of them has increased the duration of the mask staying on at night, just various comfort levels. I'm using the previously bolded mask, and all the charts I'll upload are for that specific mask. All the user information in my user profile sidebar is also current. I've gone through several settings, including pressure changes, humidity, hose temperature, EPR on/off 1-2-3, ramp on off, etc. I'm not really sure what to do at this point. I've even set up a night vision camera to see if it was some hose tangling. On the three nights I've had the camera set up, I'm just arbitrarily pulling it off my face while fully unconscious.

Please look at the charts and see if you notice any trends or indicators of why I can't keep my mask on. The therapy is helping so far, but it will help a lot more if I can use it all night!

P.S. I can follow up with screenshots of any other OSCAR metric if necessary.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night
A follow-up to last night's data set! Any advice is appreciated  Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

Your charts look good.  I suggest you raise your upper-pressure limit to 11, as you are bumping up against the limit you have set now.  Your machine will not go higher than you need, so there is nothing to worry about.

I have read that some folks tape the mask to their faces.  Then if you unconsciously tug at it, the tape will alert you to what you are doing and you can stop.  I use the Bleep maskless mask system.  With it, you tape the hole over your nostrils in place and then attach the Bleep hose to the part that sticks out from the taped part.  You won't be able to accidentally remove it.

Maybe some others will have suggestions on keeping the mask on that I don't know about.  Good luck! Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for response! Yes I lowered the cap initially as it appeared when the pressure got raised past 8 or 9 leaks would go crazy then I'd remove the mask but the increase in pressure didn't reduce apneic events but I'm not sure  thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Treatment Emergent Central Apnea mikesj 10 289 1 hour ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  central apneas after treatment none before jquintero 10 146 8 hours ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Restarting CPAP treatment, looking for guidance croc 36 2,646 11 hours ago
Last Post: Jay51
Question [CPAP] Oscar results - How can I improve on this further? nomosnow 3 120 08-29-2024, 11:19 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 866 64,457 08-29-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Improve stabilize results jquintero 3 154 08-29-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: jquintero
  Question about missing data in middle of night addeuce 7 317 08-28-2024, 08:50 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.