Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help me diagnose this ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet noise - YouTube link added
RE: Please help me diagnose this ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet noise - YouTube link added
@sleeprider
Thanks for your information.
I was charged for Co Pay each time i call DME ask for something replacement. Except cushion and tubing, Not sure what my DME was charging me -Wink
- AIRSENSE 10 Auto w/ Humidifier: $8.55
- Climate Line Air Heated Tube :      $7.74
- USE Res37208 Airsense 10 Auto :  $8.55
- USE Res37208 Airsense 10 Auto:    $8.55
- Chinstrap Adj                           :    $1.39
- Airfit cushion F20 Cushion MED  :    $5.34

Also when receiving my new Mask F30 after 6 month, I was told that I could change to different mask . Within less than 30 day i called and complained that f30 mask hurting my nose and would like to change different one but was refused. 
Oh well, I think i will pay but I will come to the store and ask for their "Compliance" ( i just learn this world today, hope I use it right )
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please help me diagnose this ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet noise - YouTube link added
Your co-pay prices are significantly bellow retail, so your insurance is beneficial. Are the $8.55 charges your share of the machine or a service charge for calling?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@AlanF51SA
Sorry if I jumped in your thread to question such things
@Sleeprider
I just comeback from the store, was told that $8.55 is the monthly charge for renting the machine. My advantage Insurance pay 80% sound like i rent their machine for 13 months before it belongs to me. Then if it need to repair as seeign in this thread, hulla..
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2021, 05:32 PM)dapal Wrote: I asked before but I also would like to ask here.
How could I register my machine bought on craigslist for Medicare Insurance knowing that I use CPAP machine every night -Wink. I read somewhere that I have to use the machine for at Thanks.

Put a SD card in the machine and take both SD cards or machines to the Dr., they will verify compliance based on machine usage. You can also create a separate MyAir account with a different email address for the second machine and then print the usage reports

A-
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2021, 02:18 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I'd think continual calls and working your way up to managers on the phone may be necessary. I'd dig into your Advantage plan to maybe call them or otherwise discover the real info about the 3 year warranty or not situation. I'm not convinced Advantage negates the 3 year aspect, but I could be wrong.

My Medicare advantage plan is still looking into this. FYI the DME is Apria if we are allowed to name brick and mortar
This is what Resmed says for Medicare

"The supplier must replace the equipment free of charge if it does not last the full five-year period (i.e., it is no longer serviceable or needs substantial repairs). If it is determined based upon accumulated repair costs (those repair costs exceeding 60% of the cost to replace) that the item is unable to last for the entire five-year RUL, the supplier must replace the equipment with properly working equipment at no charge. (Replacement equipment does not need to be new.6)"
https://document.resmed.com/documents/ar..._Facts.pdf

A-
Post Reply Post Reply
Sure nothing wrong with naming Apria. I used to use the local Apria myself.

OK so your quoted Medicare Advantage sounds like they cover for 5 years. Wow. FWIW if me I'd check progress every few days unless there's an agreed upon date for resolution. I'd not want the request going stagnant.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2021, 02:06 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Sure nothing wrong with naming Apria. I used to use the local Apria myself.

OK so your quoted Medicare Advantage sounds like they cover for 5 years. Wow. FWIW if me I'd check progress every few days unless there's an agreed upon date for resolution. I'd not want the request going stagnant.

I will give them another day, they needed to escalate to see if they actually negotiated it the warranty out of the contract, I see I have a letter in the mailbox from Apria, I will read that.
The fallacy with Apria's statement that I am not on Medicare baffles me, they billed me per the medicare guidelines (rental to to ownership) the Advantage plan is in addition to parts A, B,  and includes C and D using specified Dr's and hospitals. When I went on Medicare I couldn't get a replacement machine until I had a new sleep test per Medicare guidelines.

Apria would have had to negotiate non medicare terms specifically in a contract, the lack of a warranty completely reduces the value I would pay for a machine and there should have been a disclaimer on the 14 pages of paper I signed.

I have also contacted Resmed.

I had Apria in 2006 when I was first diagnosed and when they added a humidifier I took the machine out for them to dispense the humidifier and it was another brand and I watched a tech try and plug to pieces that visually didn't fit together for about 5 minutes, then my insurance change to no DME so I just started paying out of pocket.

The Resmed 10 line has been discounted a lot the last 6 months or so, is it possible a new machine is coming out soon? If I am going to pay out of pocket I may wait.

A-
Post Reply Post Reply
So glad I read this post. My Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her is doing the same thing! It’s about 2 1/2 years old. Out of the 2 year warranty, however, I am currently try on Medicare. I called my local DME on Wednesday, and they are sending out a replacement. Keeping my fingers crossed that this one will not be whining at me every time I breathe in and out.  
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks  Same thing happened to me. Resmed airsense autoset 10 for her has a loud whining noise while inhaling and exhaling-
(Breathing). DME sent a used replacement with 179 hours that reeks of cigarette smoke. Made 3 callls and left a message to swap out machine with a new one. On Medicare and machine is only 2.4 years old. Using an 8 year old Resmed elite until I get a working and clean/sanitized replacement. Good grief.  Huh
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 357 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,718 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 106 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,259 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.