Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help me fine tune my Dreamstation 2
Please help me fine tune my Dreamstation 2
I was diagnosed two years ago with an AHI of 38.2.  My DME sent me this Dreamstation 2 that I've been using religiously ever since but the data it gives me is...sparse.  Now that Oscar can read Dreamstation 2 data, I'm kind of overwhelmed.

My prescription was for a pressure of 5-15.    Over the last couple of weeks, I upped the minimum pressure to 8 to get closer to my average pressure as I see that recommended often here.  I'm obviously better than I was before I started treatment, but are there any things that I should change to optimize my treatment? 

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please help me fine tune my Dreamstation 2
Very high leak rate - any chance you're aware of where it's coming from? Otherwise the pressure might be blowing your mouth open while you're asleep. I would focus there first.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please help me fine tune my Dreamstation 2
I use the Dreamwear nasal cushion.  I don't notice any leaks unless I move the mask around - it doesn't blow into my face or anything.  I have dry mouth sometimes, but I used a chin strap on the 16th.  Looks like my leak rates are a little lower there, but I don't know if they're appreciably lower.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 259 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 420 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  [Pressure] A few weeks in, how can I fine tune my settings? Keicereal 5 371 12-18-2023, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Keicereal
  BoxcarPete: An Adventure in Fine-Tuning BoxcarPete 32 1,550 12-06-2023, 12:15 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] New CPAP User Looking to Tune Settings with OSCAR squaredr 4 625 10-15-2023, 12:52 PM
Last Post: squaredr
  Need help with fine tuning pressure! LWilder 17 2,808 07-01-2023, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help fine turning APAP settings for better night sleep livsmonster 4 785 04-26-2023, 12:47 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.