Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with treatment review
RE: Please help with treatment review
Except for that last hour, that's a nice-looking chart! No idea what happened there at the end. Was that when you had the weird dream? My breathing gets irregular during vivid dreams, almost as though I'm holding my breath or breathing hard as the action in the dream unfolds.
Post Reply Post Reply
OpalRose & Dormeo
I think you're right!  

I woke up after that dream and tossed and turned.

I've had that dream a bunch of times.  However, I've never received the directions to the barber in French. I studied (had to) French in high school.  However I'm ashamed to say I don't retain much.

As a ski instructor some of my best skiing experiences were with my french speaking instructor friends.  

Be safe,
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
time to remove almost all of my screenshots here.

Don't want to run up bills.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Machine quit at night--S10 "for her"
Last night about 2:00 a.m. I woke up and my machine wasn't working
S10 AutoSense for her

I checked.  
* Power on (no interruptions)
* Light on on surge suppressor (can't remember--there are 2 lights. At least one was on)
* reset surge suppressor (no change in cpap)
* found my reservoir for humidifier was empty (did not add water before sleeping unfortunately)
* filled the reservoir--trip to bathroom--bottom of the reservoir was warm to touch
* cpap still would not start
* unplugged the surge suppressor cord.
* plugged in the surge suppressor cord and machine started!

I had trouble getting back to sleep.

I'll add the screenshot from last night.

Since then: 

* Downloaded my card to OSCAR
* Called my DME supplier (sold me the S10)
* they logged onto it!  (Wow) (They are a long drive away.)
* no faults or codes on the machine
* it sounds like the way it did (no sound of noisy bearings or other clues)
* told DME tech that pressure is same on OSCAR as it was before
* tech knows about OSCAR!
* I offered to send them the screenshot

Question:

* is there any advantage in taking my machine in to them so they can plug it in and measure pressure?

Answer...I called the supplier. They logged on to my machine. My OSCAR pressures were same as theirs. No need to take it in.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
An explanation....

I mouth breath. I'm claustrophobic. I cannot keep a full face mask on; I've tried at least 7 of them. F20 was last one and it leaked like a sieve.

I've used the Knightsbridge dual band strap. However, it irritates my face neck and I've stopped.

I use a home made under-chin cushion with good result. Yes Oscar shows I have leaks sometimes.

I have a cpap pillow that I need to replace. My question is, do I have positional apnea? I have no skill reading OSCAR and don't know how to interpret the results shown.

I was awake for a long time last night. I swear I kept checking the mask vent airflow to see if my machine was still working!

I've been compliant for over 30 years. But there are times I just want to box up all this crap and sleep like a human was intended.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for looking. I went through this post and deleted screen shots in an attempt to keep costs down.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know what I don't know.....
Trying to figure out this apap stuff.
I don't know how.
Last night was a rough night.  Woke up feeling really tough.

I'll add a few screen shots.  I just don't know what's going on.

And I would like to learn more so I can read my own charts.

Thanks for looking/what's going on?
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Last night's session...awful sleep
Here's the whole night...gap--dog woke me up...
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Positional Apnea? Mouth Breathing?
Last night--
* N20 ResMed mask
* Knightsbridge Dual Strap (I find the KDS slips down on my forehead during the night; that's not comfortable)

I didn't sleep that well.  I wish I could monitor my sleeping with video or a camera...

I move a lot.

Do you see positional apnea?

Do you see Mouth breathing?

Dave
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Not bad there Dave. The leaks aren't too much off the charts. They're mostly controlled, so I'll give you credit for doing well with it. I think maybe the blip 3/4 through the session might have been your Knightsbridge hat slipping. Otherwise it looks decent.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 187 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 148 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 116 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 127 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 230 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar review please SleepyJeff 1 172 04-04-2024, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 115 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.