Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with treatment review
RE: Please help with treatment review
Thanks Gideon.
I was concerned when I saw it on my OSCAR print out.
I did a search.

I posted in case....

Last night I reflected on "what I used to do" and "what I should do now"

What I used to do---before I came to this forum I always blamed my issues on old masks and got a new one.

So I broke out a new mask!

What I should do---I finally got rid of my ancient cpap pillow. I got out a small pillow that saved my life when I broke my shoulder. A trial...to be comfortable while considering positional apnea.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Knightsbridge Dual Strap or Nasal Mask Issue?
Last night's sleep was terrible.  

*Knightsbridge Dual Strap on
*N20 LARGE with Large insert (have to; Medium N20 doesn't fit with the KDS strap.)  This is a brand new mask that I just purchased. It only comes with a Large insert

"It's the best of times; it's the worst of times."  Knightsbridge DS works. Sometimes... Last night was a disaster.  

I *think* that this is mouth breathing.  (I am claustrophobic, and can't/won't wear a full face mask.)  I have spent 3 times as much on masks as I used to before the Knightsbridge Dual Strap.

Frankly I'm feeling overcome.  Night before last I had good results, in spite of having the KDS cap over my left eye when I woke up.  Felt like a pirate!
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Would taping be an option? And what about lowering pressure? The minimum seems far too high. Maybe give 10 a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, after this much time, you know a night is not a trend we respond to. Your data shows increasing leaks, but the solution for leaks is rarely in settings. I don't know that we have a good solution for you, as it is usually personal trial and error. Last night I woke up at 4:08 AM and it was hard to find sleep again. I think for me, I should no longer fight to get back to sleep and maybe substitute trying for a nap later in the day if I need it. I have a hell of a time trying fall back to sleep or even napping, so I just stay active instead. That usually results in a better sleep the next night. Does that make sense? Make something positive out of what life throws at you, as best you can. Don't take this wrong, but what was your physical activity today? Did you have a goal or do you feel you did what was needed for your well-being?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Speeprider.

I had little physical activity today.  I worked. Long hours.  Day before I put in a long walk with my dog. I'll do that more often. She would like it every day.

EDIT:  I actually hurt my back about 6 days ago.  Turned the wrong way or something...Today Tuesday the 20th I was awake a lot of last night.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
multicast I appreciate your suggestions.
I worked for 3M Canada for 15 years. I have some of their tape. However, it hurts my upper lip in particular when I take it off. (and I used to be allergic to their adhesive due to exposure for years in the factory)

minimum pressure works. It's close to my titration pressure in my last sleep study and it's what was suggested here.

I'm inclined to say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Knightsbridge Dual Strap or Nasal Mask Issue?
(04-19-2021, 01:37 PM)DaveL Wrote: I am claustrophobic, and can't/won't wear a full face mask.
I was the same way. But I found that once I got adapted to CPAP therapy I was able to change to a full face mask. It made a world of difference.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleepster.

I've tried 8 or so FFMasks before C19 The only one that stayed on at all was the ResMed F20. It leaked terribly.

My DME charges $300 CDN for a mask. However, they will (at least before C-19) loan out masks for a week. I truly appreciate that.

I've had 4 or 5 of the N20's. It may be time to try another nasal mask or nasal pillows mask.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
I wear a Garmin watch which provides a sleep report.

Here's the report from last night...It shows movement. No I don't feel rested!
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
of course everyone moves in sleep. idk how to interpret the graph to know if it indicates anything other than normal. can you relate movement activity from the watch to anything in your oscar chart? events; anomolies in flow rate, flow limitations, respiration rate...?

might be useful to daily assess how you feel vs the movement graph for a period of time.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 38 9 hours ago
Last Post: TiredTim
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 118 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 160 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 274 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 194 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts
  New here, trying to optimize treatment sweetbobby 10 579 03-03-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: sweetbobby

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.