Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please recommed me a good humidifier for sleeping
Please recommed me a good humidifier for sleeping
Hello folks.  I've been on CPAP therapy for awhile now and I'm starting to realize my apneas maybe related to nose congestion sinus blockage througout the night.

I would like to try a good humidifier for this.  Here humidity is very very low and that is likely causing my issues.  So, recommend me a good humidifer for sleeping.

I also run AC all over night to chill the room to 68-70 degrees.  I hope the humidifier works still with AC running.  

Once I find the right humidifier I want to take a sleep test without CPAP equipment to see if don't need CPAP and my sinus situation was the culprit.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Please recommed me a good humidifier for sleeping
I have a humidifier that I use in winter months when our air is extremely dry but I do not find it to be an alternative to the humidify provided by my CPAP. The humidifying action is the main reason I use my CPAP but I believe it is a combination of both high humidity and the air pressure/flow that keeps nasal passages open and lubricated.

The humidifier I use is a Levoit LV600HH which I think is a pretty good machine and has lots of good reviews if you do want to try one out though. If you try using too high of a humidity (equivalent you can get from CPAP) you will cause moisture issues in room/house though especially when outside air is cold and dry.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my Pillow isn't giving good therapy...reco to try? tierdal 47 662 Today, 09:39 AM
Last Post: tierdal
  [Equipment] AHI on the rise - until I disconnected humidifier! kbauhs 0 45 Today, 02:27 AM
Last Post: kbauhs
  Sleeping less; change from DS1 to ResMed bosskyroyale 5 123 07-31-2021, 01:13 PM
Last Post: bosskyroyale
  ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet with or without humidifier jakobankerhansen 16 418 07-31-2021, 09:02 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Apple Watch Series 6 - Using to track SpO2 while sleeping? Sam R Squared 2 130 07-29-2021, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Coffee Man
  New to cpap - struggling to have good results Stex999 3 117 07-26-2021, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Stex999
Surprised Sleeping Aids weeble 14 261 07-11-2021, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.