Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please recommed me a good humidifier for sleeping
Please recommed me a good humidifier for sleeping
Hello folks.  I've been on CPAP therapy for awhile now and I'm starting to realize my apneas maybe related to nose congestion sinus blockage througout the night.

I would like to try a good humidifier for this.  Here humidity is very very low and that is likely causing my issues.  So, recommend me a good humidifer for sleeping.

I also run AC all over night to chill the room to 68-70 degrees.  I hope the humidifier works still with AC running.  

Once I find the right humidifier I want to take a sleep test without CPAP equipment to see if don't need CPAP and my sinus situation was the culprit.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please recommed me a good humidifier for sleeping
I have a humidifier that I use in winter months when our air is extremely dry but I do not find it to be an alternative to the humidify provided by my CPAP. The humidifying action is the main reason I use my CPAP but I believe it is a combination of both high humidity and the air pressure/flow that keeps nasal passages open and lubricated.

The humidifier I use is a Levoit LV600HH which I think is a pretty good machine and has lots of good reviews if you do want to try one out though. If you try using too high of a humidity (equivalent you can get from CPAP) you will cause moisture issues in room/house though especially when outside air is cold and dry.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 70 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 199 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 981 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 813 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 146 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 203 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.