Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ramp Confusion
RE: Ramp Confusion
(12-30-2019, 01:00 PM)Geer1 Wrote: In your specific example I see no reason to use ramp. Your minimum pressure of 6 cm is easy to breath at and may very well be more comfortable to you due to the EPR comment above. 

Thank you for the detailed explanation!  I'm going to try turning the ramp from auto to OFF.
Post Reply Post Reply
I took the word “target” from the manual, in which they were referring to the minimum pressure set. “Target Pressure” is the pressure that the ramp eventually reaches.(which is your minimum pressure set).
The ramp stops once it reaches “target” (minimum pressure).

A minimum pressure of 6 is fairly low, and I’m not suggesting you raise it. I am suggesting you turn off the ramp setting, as you would be more comfortable. I could see using ramp if your minimum pressure was set a lot higher.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ditto to what the above poster (suzeecat) said. I'm going to go back to opting out of the ramp and give it another try.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation 2 ramp time Sir Snoresalot 4 399 01-08-2024, 08:35 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Question re ramp up/starting pressure airsense 11 rebean 3 599 07-17-2023, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Melman
  Autopap pressure confusion HMG7450 9 766 05-09-2023, 04:00 PM
Last Post: SnoNoMo
  [Equipment] Turn off Ramp. CactusJack 4 9,191 03-30-2023, 11:25 AM
Last Post: DISleepApnea
  Ramp Time JeffL 4 606 03-28-2023, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Machine noise during ramp-up. rfkennard 0 410 01-05-2023, 07:31 PM
Last Post: rfkennard
  Reverse ramp feature? McPhearson99 9 971 01-01-2023, 04:02 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.