Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RE: In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
RE: Plmnb - the journey continues now with ST-A.
Coffee Good morning everyone.

Very interesting night for me.

I'll start with I only made three setting changes for last night.  The EPAP, Rise Time, and Cycle.  I'm not sure if it is my imagination or not, but breathing, at least while awake, seemed smoother.   I experimented with the RISE TIME starting at 600 and settled on 650.  I am unclear as to why this would be exactly.  I'm thinking it has to do with the RISE TIME and CYCLE settings.  I supposed I could go back to my ResMed AirFit F20 to compare, but I really don't want to because using my Phillips Dreamwear Hybrid has been more satisfactory from a comfort on my face standpoint.

It was suggested I could raise the EPAP two clicks up, from 12 to 14, but I chose to go to 13 to see what would happen.

Something I noticed in last night's video clips is that I seem to "sleep" more peacefully.  I'm trying to think back over the last week or so and I don't believe I have had the "yoga" sitting up activity occurring while wearing the mask on the ST-A.  Could this be a coincidence????  I wonder what would have been the quality of my sleep over the last few months if I had been on the ST-A from the start?

This all being said, my actual sleep time was pretty bad last night.  I only had the mask on approximately 2 1/4 hours or so.  (I have lined up the OSCAR graphs to my video to the best of my ability.  For a good portion of the night the mask was on my forehead).  Parts of the OSCAR graphs show readings during these periods, so it may be difficult to figure out what to do with settings).

(I DID go to bed with all intentions of getting MORE sleep, I REALLY did!)

[attachment=20261]

[attachment=20262]

I'm going to pick-out some zoom areas (on my own, lol) and post them shortly if I have time before work).

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
like Thanks Dancing Bouncy

This is very exciting Sleeprider.  I sooo appreciate everything you have done for me thus far.  I doubt I would have accomplished many of the milestones I have made without your help (and many others as well!)

Yes, it is very encouraging to have someone that is in your shoes helping out.  I look forward to hearing more from Vsheline.

Most Sincerely,
Phoebe
Plmnb

PS. And don't you be a stranger!
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a 3 minute zoom I am calling view A.

[attachment=20263]

[attachment=20265]

In the following chart I appear in my video to be sleeping peacefully but then I look at OSCAR and see this disturbance in wave forms so I look back at video at this time and I appear to arouse somewhat just after the wave form disturbance, appearing to be restfully sleeping again by 04:49 ish, according to both video and OSCAR.  There is no outside interference.

[attachment=20264]

Part B remainder of chart in next post.
Post Reply Post Reply
Part rest of chart from last chart above (B):

[attachment=20266]
Post Reply Post Reply
Chart appears pretty much uneventful here:

[attachment=20268]. First Part

[attachment=20269]. Second Part

Thanks for the patience all!

Phoebe
Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply
The change in rise time is very visible and looks better, with more normal inspiration curves as well. If you don't wrap your mind around more sleep soon, you're going to feel pretty haggard from sleep deprivation regardless of how good therapy is. This is a matter of personal discipline and sleep hygiene. You're all grown up now and the only one that can tell you to go to bed is yourself. Your lifestyle and husband's work routine are challenges you have to deal with to make time for what is important. Prioritizing sleep might avoid a crash and burn.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I absolutely agree with you on the putting on the big girl you know what Sleeprider.  Something that must happen soon or the inevitable crash and burn will happen.

But, what I am concerned about still is the waking up or arousals that are still happening between the good periods of sleep.  I don’t think you have to have an “EVENT” to have poor sleep.  Or maybe I am wrong?  Maybe these poor times I speak of are normal?  I did read somewhere that most everyone has periods of time in their sleep when they do awake briefly and that is for people who don’t have sleep apnea.

There still has to be a reason I am taking the mask off without knowing it.  Does better sleep hygiene correct that???

Edit:  I am not staying up on purpose since iVAPS.  My mask is just mysteriously appearing on my forehead and head.

Regards,
Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply
at risk of stating the obvious, at least in my experience, removing the mask is practically always due to discomfort. either from the mask, frame, headgear or pressure settings that aren't working. I don't think this is news to you but if, as, when you get the mask choice, best machine & optimal settings worked out, therapy should not be uncomfortable. quite the opposite, in fact, when we get restorative sleep. I admire your determination & perseverance. you'll get there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sheepless. Shy

Actually, you what you are saying does make sense!  I THINK things are sloooowly getting better.  I THINK the "yoga sitting-sleep" MAY not be happening since starting on iVAPS, although it has only been a few days.  From what I see in the video so far, it doesn't appear to be there.  Plus I haven't had an attack of the burning thigh-ripping skin pain in about two days.  However, the mask being on my forehead or on top of my head is new.  BUT...maybe this is a progression to better?  

I REALLY have trouble with leaks if I don't have my mask and headgear on tight.  Must be my chubby cheeks, petite nose, yadda, yadda, yadda...so maybe even though it feels fine to me in my opinion when I am awake, in my sleep, maybe not so much.

So perhaps I am at the point where it just does not make sense to make any more machine adjustments until these other things work out kink wise?  BUT, it is sort of a Catch-22.  How do I know which should come first, second, or ever???

Help, is always appreciated in these matters.

Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply
Sheepless describes a scenario where discomfort is the reason for removing the mask. That is both plausible and likely, I want to warn that it has been my observation that mask removal is also a behavior that can, and should be modified. Mask removal can become a habit, and it is self-reinforcing. How to break the habit and replace it with keeping the mask on is hte challenge.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,075 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,214 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,590 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 538 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 5 234 03-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.