Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Popping noise from heated tube
Popping noise from heated tube
I am new to CPAP having started it this past July. I always sleep with the window open and it has recently turned colder so the ambient room temperature is considerably lower than it has been for the past 3 months. A popping noise has woken me twice this week after I have been asleep for 3-4 hours. There are water droplets in the hose and in my mask, which I assume is rain out. I find the heated, moisturized air beneficial as I do not wake up with a dry nose or throat. After reading various posts, it looks like I will need to turn down the hose temperature or humidity level to stop the rain out? I moved the CPAP unit so it is lower than the bed and the popping still happened.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Popping noise from heated tube
Welcome to the forum. 

You will need to either turn up the hose temperature or turn down the humidity. You may even have to do both.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 108 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,280 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 226 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 146 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 474 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.