Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Possible sleepyhead or respironics system one bug
Possible sleepyhead or respironics system one bug
Good day!

Tested this in Sleepy head versions:

SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-2           (Windows 10)
SleepyHead v0.9.8-0 (testing)     (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS)

Please see the zoomed out sleepyhead daily chart below. It shows an OA of 255 seconds! Of course waveform shows no apnea at all. May be this is a problem with either SystemOne or SleepyHead. 255 is familiar as it could be -1 interpreted as 8 bit unsigned int.

Thanks,
sskblr

[Image: rDyfJwx.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Possible sleepyhead or respironics system one bug
The event flags are set by the CPAP, not Sleepyhead. The software only reports what is in the data provided by the machine. The period shown is one of low tidal volume, but I agree it is respiration and should not have been flagged as OA unless this flow is less than 20% of normal. Compare this to a period of normal breathing to determine if it may be a hypopnea, or your normal respiration. Remember there may be some respiration during apnea and it still meets the definition used by Respironics: An apnea is detected when there is an 80% reduction in airflow from a baseline for at least 10 seconds if there is no airflow detected for 10 seconds. During the apnea, one or more pressure test pulses are delivered by the device. The device evaluates the response of the patient to the test pulse(s) and assesses whether the apnea has occurred while the patient has a clear airway or an obstructed airway. The airway is determined to be clear if the pressure test pulse generates a significant amount of flow; otherwise the airway is determined to be obstructed. When the airway is obstructed then an Obstructed Airway Apnea event is recorded. I believe the hypopnea threshold is less than 40% of normal.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Possible sleepyhead or respironics system one bug
Thanks SleepRider. That is an excellent description of how events are flagged. 

I compared the graphs around the event to the ones when there are no apneas. Everything looks identical. The reason I was concerned to begin with was the duration of the event - 255 seconds! May be a spurious event then. I will keep an eye if anything similar is flagged in future.

Thanks again
sskblr
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Synchronizing O2Ring with Phillips Respironics Dreamstation xaid 0 656 06-11-2023, 02:50 AM
Last Post: xaid
  Smart Card & Software for the old Respironics Remstar Auto M-Series ?? JoyD. 7 2,848 03-02-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: JoyD.
  Oscar no longer importing Phillips Respironics Bipap data Mersim85 11 1,071 01-02-2023, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Respironics and disabling VS2 event spetzal 2 533 12-11-2022, 04:44 PM
Last Post: spetzal
  Respironics Series 60 Time setting software Moriarty 10 1,669 11-06-2022, 05:11 PM
Last Post: hybernate
  I have a system one 750p doncaruana 4 515 08-14-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  OSCAR and Respironics M Series teiksef 3 737 11-21-2021, 05:35 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.