Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Post-radiation changes... help requested
RE: Post-radiation changes... help requested
Many thanks for such a detailed explanation! I'll be doing a bit of reading today. I am definitely interested in trying the S Mode. Can you suggest initial settings for me? My VAuto settings are as follows: Max IPAP 14.4, Min EPAP 8.4, PS 3.0, TI Max 3.4, TI Min 0.3, Trigger Very High, and Cycle Med. My results are on the better side of so-so. In Mode S, the settings choices are IPAP, EPAP, Easy-Breather, TI Max, TI Min, Trigger, and Rise Time is grayed out.

My Devilbiss is the foam-blower and it is retired unless the S9 VPAP Auto fails. The S9 is still a reliable night light with 29,280 hours on it. I definitely need new gear. Thanks for your input on the ASV!!
Post Reply Post Reply
What are your sleep pressure numbers? I see you have SleepyHead listed. I highly recommend that you upgrade to OSCAR. Aside from that, we need to see a representative screenshot of your Daily screen. Use the F12 key to take the screenshot. You can constrain the VAuto mode to mimic the "S" mode. Doing it this way will still provide Flow Limitation information, which the "S" mode will not.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings, Red. Please tell me more. I'm using Oscar now and have updated my profile. Great software. Here are two nights from the past week that are pretty typical.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Looking at your 95%-tile numbers for both nights, You could set your EPAP to 10, IPAP Max to 13 and leave the PS at 3.   That is the same as setting the EPAP to 10 and the IPAP to 13 in the "S" mode, only you will still get Flow Limitation info.

I forgot to mention that while in the VAuto mode, the Easy Breathe is on.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks, Red! I'll set it up that way and let you know how it goes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with adjustments post open heart valve replacement SistineKid 1 25 45 minutes ago
Last Post: Jay51
  First post - First week of CPAP R1c4ard06 3 103 04-16-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: R1c4ard06
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 10 361 04-02-2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: DKane
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 7 331 03-30-2024, 05:58 PM
Last Post: FlyAU98
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 629,803 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 2,002 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 217 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.