Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Power Supply
Power Supply
I have been using a CPAP machine for a little over a year now without missing a single night. Last night the power supply quit (the little green led was out). This morning i checked it out with my volt meter and the ac cord checked out ok but the dc output was dead. 
I called my supplier and was told it was not something they stocked locally but could be ordered and take 7-10 days to get. I ordered one from Amazon and I'm supposed to get it tomorrow. 
Is this normal, 7-10 days for a integral part of the unit?
I'm going to consider buying some spare components and would appreciate any advise.
Thanks
Pete
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Power Supply
Yes, if your dealing with a local DME or supplier, they are very slow in ordering anything, and I'm almost sure that insurance would not cover that part.

Most of us here take advantage of any extra supplies insurance pays for and stock up. It's always good to have at least one spare of everything in case something goes wrong.

Also check on Amazon if you are paying out of pocket.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@PB: Many of us keep a spare power supply on the shelf for just such occasions.
I bought mine from on the suppliers on the list above.
You have to make sure you are getting the correct power supply for your ResMed 10 machine.
That's ResMed part number 37344.

It appears that Amazon is selling some knock-off power supplies.

And, Welcome
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep. Keeping inventory costs real money. Keeping inventory of slow moving items like power supplies is real expensive since it may take months or years to sell. DME suppliers do not want to invest in inventory until they have an order to fill, then they can drop ship from the manufacturer to you, but it takes a few days for them to get the order into thee manufacturer and get it from there to you. Cheap stuff like filters or stuff that fits many manufactures' machines (hoses, masks) that they are likely to turn quickly they will usually stock, just not the more expensive stuff they may get caught taking up space with no chance of selling.

Online supplies that deal in more volume can better stock all the goodies. I'm curious. Did you buy the power supply directly from Amazon or is it one of their marketplace sellers? I believe some of our numbered suppliers are Amazon marketplace merchants.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Peter Baker,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully, you will get your power supply, soon.
Good luck to you with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
According to the tracking link my power supply is arriving today. It's coming from UPBRIGHT.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Received my new power supply today (as promised) and it was identical to the original. Even has ResMed logo and numbers.
I plugged it all in and my machine came to life. It seems to have even re-established contact with the "mother ship".
I need to find out what I have for replacement coverage and how that works with the machine. 
I already get my periodic supplies from Apria and they all seem to be covered. 
I am retired and on Medicare with Humana prescription coverage.
Thanks for the support. This is a great resource.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad it worked out for you.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi..new here.. my cpap machine was working fine (I thought) last night..In the morning I usually check the screen to see how many hours I slept with my machine on. (sometimes I am up in the middle of the night, shut it off and take the mask off, and read.).
Problem is, when I pressed the power button it wouldn't turn on! I tried several other outlets in my house and got nothing. How could it suddenly die literally overnight? I'm thinking mine is power cord related too. But I can't wait for anything to arrive in the mail because I don't have a backup cord. Going to have to call respiratory therapy office directly and hopefully go there for a replacement.
Post Reply Post Reply
Peter, I believe these machines have a two year warranty in the States, which should also cover the power supply. I don't know how that may pan out between you and your insurance company but it might be worth following up as you are out of pocket.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,790 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 229 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,412 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 405 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  AirCurve power problem Shamus54 10 981 10-30-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Shamus54
  Resmed Airsense 11 blowing full power with no leaks bcodemz 2 870 10-29-2023, 07:57 PM
Last Post: bcodemz
  [Equipment] Portable Backup Power for Outages Craige 4 568 10-29-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Craige

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.