Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Preliminary settings-Transferring from Dreamstation to Airsense 10
Preliminary settings-Transferring from Dreamstation to Airsense 10
Hi everyone,

I'm currently using a Dreamstation (4 years old) and decided to test out an Airsense 10 Auto
as a backup machine and possible replacement machine. My Dreamstation has been an awesome
machine! 

So I'm currently using the following settings on my Dreamstation (and achieving AHI of under 1 this entire week)!
Last night these were my stats. 
Max Pressure 11.0
90% Pressure 10.6 last night
Average Pressure 9.4
Minimum Pressure 9.0
Ramp time 30 min
Ramp start pressure 8

Anybody have any recommendations for how these initial settings would transfer over
and be applied to my Airsense 10 Auto? I plan on using the EPR setting at 3cmH2o.

I know how to make the changes in the Settings, wondering if the numbers might vary
from one brand of machine to the other.

Thanks for all the helpful info being shared in this forum!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Preliminary settings-Transferring from Dreamstation to Airsense 10
I'd be inclined to believe you might get away with a lower Min. pressure due to the quicker response on the AutoSet. Maybe consider Auto mode
Pressure 8 - 12
EPR 3
And humidifier and hose as preferred.

I'd go without Ramp if possible or keep it short. I do think Ramp cancels EPR during the duration.

Try it and post an OSCAR with telling us how you felt.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-09-2021, 06:17 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I'd be inclined to believe you might get away with a lower Min. pressure due to the quicker response on the AutoSet. Maybe consider Auto mode
Pressure 8 - 12
EPR 3

I'd go without Ramp is possible or keep it short. I do think Ramp cancels EPR during the duration.

Thanks Dave.

I appreciate the suggestions!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-09-2021, 06:17 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I'd be inclined to believe you might get away with a lower Min. pressure due to the quicker response on the AutoSet. Maybe consider Auto mode
Pressure 8 - 12
EPR 3

I'd go without Ramp if possible or keep it short. I do think Ramp cancels EPR during the duration.

Here are my results from the Resmed Airsense 10,

Just getting up but feel good. Thanks for your help and any insights.
Post Reply Post Reply
Besides that likely a disconnect leak at the very end, all the stats look excellent otherwise. Bonus is you feel good for it. I say no changes and build a good trend.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
DreamStation is my primary machine.  I use a ResMed 10 Airsense Autoset as my travel machine.

The one thing I've specifically noticed is that ResMed's normal setting is too aggressive for me, and causes me to experience my usual OSA symptoms (signs of interrupted sleep).  Once I switched my ResMed to the "soft" setting, I feel as well-rested as I did on my DreamStation.

FYI I believe the 2 different companies calculate their AHI in different ways, with DreamStation's way of calculating producing a higher reported AHI.  Thus, I think it is deceiving when comparing AHI between the machines - because even though I feel better rested with my DS than my ResMed, ResMed reports a lower AHI.  So don't let yourself get too side-tracked by comparing AHI between the machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2021, 09:57 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: DreamStation is my primary machine.  I use a ResMed 10 Airsense Autoset as my travel machine.

The one thing I've specifically noticed is that ResMed's normal setting is too aggressive for me, and causes me to experience my usual OSA symptoms (signs of interrupted sleep).  Once I switched my ResMed to the "soft" setting, I feel as well-rested as I did on my DreamStation.

FYI I believe the 2 different companies calculate their AHI in different ways, with DreamStation's way of calculating producing a higher reported AHI.  Thus, I think it is deceiving when comparing AHI between the machines - because even though I feel better rested with my DS than my ResMed, ResMed reports a lower AHI.  So don't let yourself get too side-tracked by comparing AHI between the machines.

Wow Hydrangea!

Your post was right ontime! I was arriving at the same conclusion regarding the AHI scoring between the two
brands. I had a super low AHI score with the Resmed, but can feel better rested on my dreamstation
despite a score of more than 1.5 difference in favor of the Airsense.

So what exactly is the "soft" setting you referred to (lowered pressure settings)?

Thank you for your post and insights!  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2021, 09:57 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: DreamStation is my primary machine.  I use a ResMed 10 Airsense Autoset as my travel machine.

I just looked up soft setting for the Airsense and found it. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet todivefor 10 660 02-23-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: drwoodr
  Dreamstation -> Airsense 10 C2C pixpop 5 285 02-22-2024, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,188 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Settings help for AirSense sleepyalpha 19 1,149 12-24-2023, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Transition from DreamStation 2 to AirSense 10 prince01 16 1,039 12-17-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: prince01

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.