Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Prescription and DME
Prescription and DME
Prescription template on this site is great as it seems to cover all bases.  I presented it to my doctor and asked him to prescribe a specific machine (ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Set for Her).  

He was OK with writing for a specific machine but thought the template was too long and would take up multiple prescription pad pages, so asked me to choose my DME and have them send their form to enter the prescription on.  Then he's OK for me to get a copy of script at that time.

Feels like I have a little less control that way; but might be OK.  I think if generic (not DME's form) would make it easier down the line if I needed to change DME. 

Also wonder if I have less leverage if I talk to DME first and get prescription afterwards.  He thinks the way it is done is: doctors order to DME.  That may essentially be true and maybe the best solution is to call DME, try to get them to send their form to me and then request doctor to send me script before it is sent to DME.

Alternately can also try to get machine-specific prescription from other doc and see if he's willing to follow template.

Thoughts?

Thanks, 
Remember2Breathe
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Prescription and DME
DMEs can be very insistent on using their own forms. I suggest going along with it as the faster and easier approach. Ask your doctor to send you a copy of the form when he sends it to the DME. You can review it and, if any changes are required, get back to your doctor, ask him to make the changes and he can send it to the DME again.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Prescription and DME
Good advice, Guy! Always helpful to know what's customary and, of course, efficient.

Thanks!

Remember2Breathe
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 124 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer
  Prescription settings AfibApnea 12 795 11-21-2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: AfibApnea
  [CPAP] Question about cpap/bipap prescription UARS tugboatxd 9 985 11-09-2023, 02:00 AM
Last Post: meatwagon42
  Buying ASV online without a prescription books456 19 1,986 05-31-2023, 09:58 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  [Equipment] Newbie with prescription and brand new machine from relative Bruce61 1 461 02-18-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Prescription for BiPAP DanEm 11 1,190 12-25-2022, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How to get a prescription - live in rural area Madison320 22 2,423 11-11-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Madison320

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.