Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Analyze and advise about my stats.
Analyze and advise about my stats.
Hi,

This is very informative and much needed support. Kudos to everyone out there helping.

So I was diagnosed with SA in Feb 2021 and I was advised a fix pressure 6.0 in my sleep study. I had AHI of 47 in my sleep study. My mornings for years have been full of fatigue, drowsiness and lack of energy and this continued thorough the day as well. At last I was able to find that I have SA.

I bought DreamStation1(I know of the Phillips recall) and started using it in March. I tried to use it on auto mode in start but it didn't helped much, so I kept it on 6 for last 3 months. I noticed some improvement in my energy levels and mornings were bit fresh but this happened for like 10-15 days and then again same fatigue and drowsiness thorough out the day.

I discussed with my doctor and he advised me couple of days ago to use it in auto cpap mode, so yesterday I used it with a min pressure of 6.0 and max of 10, this help improved a lot and I felt much refresh today and energized. I am thinking to improve it more so sharing my stats from Oscar from last night. Please advise how should I modify the settings, to get most out of it and get all the energy I can in mornings.

Another issue is, I am using F&P Brevida mask, its giving me pain right at the tip of the nose where it meets, there is no issue with the pillows though, only the outside of the mask where it meets the nose is sort of hurting through out the night, I tried loosing the headset a bit but not much help. Please advise.

Thanks in advance for all the great help. Let me know if I need to provide any more details.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Analyze and advise about my stats.
bump...
Post Reply Post Reply
Set your min pressure to 7, and your max to 15.  That should help with your comfort.  Your numbers are good so just working on comfort.  If this feels better to you try setting min to 8.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please review my latest stats attached and advise for any issues or improvement needed.

I am not getting up refreshed in the mornings, its somewhat hard to get up from bed...please advise how I can improve this.

Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Try the settings that Gideon suggested 8 minimum and 15 maximum.
Set AFlex to 2.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Although I cannot advise on pressures, I am a Brevida user. Sometimes my nose is sore in the morning. In my experience, this is cured by loosening the tension on the pillow and more than you think you can. This mask can be worn super loose. In my case, looser produces more comfort. Give it a shot.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, need help with analyze OSCAR tomakl 2 116 03-24-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: tomakl
Sad Can someone help me analyze my OSCAR data? senseisaitama 3 179 03-15-2024, 06:28 PM
Last Post: senseisaitama
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 177 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 365 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 346 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Can anyone help me analyze my results casey2 2 278 02-02-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [CPAP] Oura Ring Sleep Stats with CPAP FooMan 2 1,150 01-13-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Chask

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.