Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

May need to try APAP again?
May need to try APAP again?
[attachment=48860][attachment=48861][attachment=48862]

I would appreciate any advice about possibly trying APAP settings on my Resmed 10 Autoset.

Sleep study in 2017: concluded that I had severe obstructive apnea (AHI 62.8). Recommended CPAP pressure was 10. 

Sleep study in 2018: tried range of 7-13, so they recommended 13. I didn't tolerate that, so back down to 10.

Sleep study in 2020: recommended APAP of 5-13.5 or CPAP pressure of 8. Went with 8.

Then in 2022, my CPAP pressure was change to 12; in January 2023, it was changed to 14. Couldn't handle that, so I changed it back to 12 on 2/14/2023.

Attached are a couple examples from this past month. The first screenshot is the day after I changed the pressure from 14 to 12.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be fantastic. Thanks so much.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: May need to try APAP again?
You are using your Autoset with CPAP pressure at 12.0 and EPR 1, and your results completely suck! I'm sure we can do better, and implement the Autoset settings, but you have positional apnea and you are going to most likely need a soft cervical collar. Here are some wiki articles for you. We know your airway is obstructed by your body position as you sleep because the clusters of apnea are an unmistakable characteristic.
Positional Apnea http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Soft Cervical Collar http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

Let's go ahead and put you in Autoset mode and add some additional EPR.
Mode: Autoset
Minimum Pressure 12.0
Maximum Pressure 16.0
EPR: Full-Tome
EPR setting 3.

These settings will help to relieve flow limitations and make the higher pressures more comfortable. We cannot fully resolve the clusters of obstructive apnea until you take steps to treat your positional chin-tucking apnea. Let us know if you are sleeping in an inclined position, using multiple pillows or have other issues that are contributing to this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much!  I've gone ahead and changed the settings to the ones you recommended, and I have ordered a cervical collar. I just use a standard pillow, and try my best to sleep on my side.

I'll let you know how things go. Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Birder, really hoping for the best for you. The clusters of OA are a tip that much of your problem will resolve when the positional obstruction is addressed
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, I'm very happy about last night's sleep report based on your recommended settings. Once I get the cervical collar, I'll let you know how that turns out. You're the best! Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Only one cluster last night which is fantastic. If you can control the problem without the use of a collar, that is all the better. We have had a number of members that were able to deal with this, once they were aware of it and made minor changes. Good job, and actually, what an amazing change to go from over 18 AHI to less than 2.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Been feeling good, and also happy that my AHI has been mostly 5 or below. I bought a collar, tried it on and returned it. I know myself and recognize that I won't be able to sleep with a collar. Is there a pillow that might help with positional apnea? Attached are results from the past two nights. Should I stay with the current therapy? Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,299 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 190 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 150 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  APAP to VAuto not going well snapperzz 6 241 04-05-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 17 962 04-02-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 663 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 150 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.