Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Can someone help me adjust my BPAP pressure settings?
Smile 
RE: Can someone help me adjust my BPAP pressure settings?
Sleeprider

Thank you. I'll post the results when I start using the Cervical Collar you recommended.

Also, I'm attempting to reach the numbers you suggested using on my BPAPmachine.

I thought I'd work up to them gradually and monitor the results.

So far, the last two nights I used the new settings are the best results I've gotten to date... much better than the results from the doctor recommended settings!

After one more night, I'll adjust them all the way to what you have recommended. 

Here are three sleep study stats:
1) Before any changes
2) and 3) are after adjusting the levels toward what you have recommended.

Thanks again Sleeprider for the assistance... I really want to break the 5.0 barrier and possibly much lower when I start using the Collar (I'm in Hawaii so I won't get it for another week). Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
OK the trend is the reported AHI is headed downward, so that is a good sign. It looks a rough road still though. Keep at it though. Best to ya on it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider...

Hello, I promised I'd check back with my results. 

I tried using the collar for several nights, but I'd wake up in the morning with the collar on the floor, so I'm not currently using it after the first 3 nights of use. Not sure if I should keep trying to use it as it seemed uncomfortable. I wasn't even aware that I ripped it off in the night. Sad

As far as the settings... I've been using your settings as recommended:

mode: BiPAP auto
EPAP min: 9.0
IPAP max 16.0
PS min 3.0
PS max 4.0
BiFlex: 2

The only change I made was bumping up the:

1) PS min 3.0 to PS min 4.0
and
2) PS ax 4.0 to PS Max 5.0

with the idea of 

1) "A higher minimum pressure support will help prevent hypopnea"...
and
2) "Your doctor has you on autoBiPAP but with a minimum pressure of 8.0, and maximum PS of 4.0, it becomes fixed pressure". 

I'm still not sure how it works, but I'm assuming that with a minimum pressure of 9.0 and a maximum PS of 5.0 that equals IPAP max of 14???

Not sure if an IPAP max of 16 or 14 is better?

Anyway, I've included two charts that show some of my sleeping results: 
Any comments or advise would be much appreciated by you or members of this discussion group.
Thank you again in advance for any suggestions.
Thanks Thanks Thanks 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot to mention that I also started using a DreamWear Full Face CPAP mask with a hollow frame design and hose connection at the top of the head which as advertised creates "a more reliable seal". I noticed much less leaking of air from the mask. I think because I tend to sleep on my side and sometimes my stomach.

Also I noticed that my PB (Periodic Breathing) seems to have improved.

I'm "assuming" because of the increased pressure settings that you suggested.

Anyway, any suggestions are most appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
All I have is, if you can’t tolerate the collar, at least get a Resmed Vauto. It may or may not work, but if you are going to chuck the collar on the floor, it’s totally obvious our Philips BiPAP is not going to get ahead of the events. Take the cap if 16 off of max pressure and let it go to 20 or more.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a broken record on masks here lately. My Fisher and Paykel Vitera is nearly leak free side sleeping. Strap tension is minimal, the Roll Fit bellows makes it work excellently.

I know my ASV is ResMed, but that F&P Vitera nets me leak rates of about 5 reported as an average. Admitted that's for my max of 3 hrs sleep due to the complex issue thing I've got going on. Higher leak rates hinder therapy and adds disturbances, both negatives to well rested state.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,911 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
Gross [Diagnosis] Moved from APAP to BPAP and struggling Spicykielbasa 1 262 03-10-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Spicykielbasa
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 502 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 434 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help with data interpretation and pressure settings Strange54 3 386 01-25-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  What is the most comfortable pressure and settings if comfort is the only goal? hejohoo 2 350 01-20-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Smile pleasse help me optimize my APAP pressure settings Swsch2985 2 386 01-14-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Swsch2985

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.