Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Could someone please help with settings?
RE: Could someone please help with settings?
Good morning Fred.  First things first.  Have an absoulutely relaxing and enjoyable vacation!!  You deserve it!!!
     Last night was a total mess as far as my chart goes.  I had a slight post nasal drip (get them a couple/few times a year), and I was up and down most of the night coughing, taking the mask off, and kicking my cat (Not really.  Love my buddy.  LOL).  However, with increasing the flex, my RERA's and FL's did go down from the previous night.  Not a huge jump, but if I can keep them and the OA's and hypop's at the level they were from the previous chart, I would be feeling great.  I already feel a HUGE difference since starting APAP compared to before starting it, so every night with APAP is leaps and bounds better than without it, no matter how many events I have.  
      Gonna post last nights chart down below in another reply, and you'll see that the OA's and Hypop's did increase significantly from the previous night, but going through the waveform, I've identified a large amount of them to be "not real".  Gonna get a cough suppressant for tonight and start using my Netipot again, and hopefully I'll have a better chart tomorrow.  Gonna leave the settings the same, because last night was a big false chart due to the up all night coughing, and see what I get with tomorrows chart.  
        Enjoy your vacation Fred!!!!   

Brian
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning Jack.  Hope you had a great night!!  Me, on the other hand had a not so good night.  Last nights chart is a mess.  I got my couple/few times a year post nasal drip and was up and down coughing, taking the mask of, and kicking my cat (not really on that one.  LOL).  The OA's and Hypops went up a lot, but looking through the waveforms close up, I saw that a lot of them were not real so I'm not really concerned about last night results.  I'm gonna get a cough suppressant for tonight and start my Netipot routine again and hopefully that helps.  My RERA's and FL's did go down with changing the Aflex from x1 to x2, so I'm gonna leave the settings the same and see what tomorrows chart shows.  
             I do have one question on my mind that I've been thinking about for a while now, and maybe it's a dumb one, but I'm gonna ask anyway. LOL  Let's say on APAP my 95% pressure is say 12.  I feel just fine on my pressure of 10 with no feelings of suffocation or anything and breathing fine.  Why not increase my minimum pressure to 12.  Wouldn't that be a "better" minimum pressure since my machine wouldn't have to keep increasing pressure to stop the events.  Or is it that setting it at the 95% pressure might trigger Central Apneas?  If it did, couldn't I just decrease the pressure again until the Centrals went away.  I don't know, just a thought I've been having.  
             Anyway, here's the chart.  It's a mess, but I'm not concerned.  I'm gonna leave the same settings tonight and with the cough suppressant and netipot, hopefully I don't have a night like last night.  Have a great day jack!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Find the flex you like first, as changing that will affect min pressure. Try them all while laying on your back awake. Then continue with your min pressure adjustments. If there are obstructive events that you want to clear, you raise min pressure. The chart needed 12 last night. There is no reason not to use the 95% or even the max pressure. As per the study, clinicians use both as a fixed pressure. You could try auto mode, min 12 max 20 and let the machine adjust for a bad night. See how it goes for a week. You are already getting a max pressure of 13 without CA, I can't see that being an issue.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi aJack.  It's been a couple weeks, but I've been playing with my settings and tweaking stuff and seeing what results I get.  All was pretty much the status quo, until this past week.  I decided to go full blown CPAP mode, instead of the Auto mode.  Actually C-check mode, to see if the machine adjusts the pressure which is supposed to happen if the machine deems it.  I went full blown on the pressure too.  Went to a pressure of 15 and set the C-flex+ at  2.  I also put the System One resistance to x1 as per the manual suggested setting for the mask.  All was not too bad for the first few days, but I recently got a Dreamware nasal mask, which I'm totally in love with. My AHI has gone down to under 1 the past three sessions, which I'm totally happy about, and feeling much more rested.  I do still have a few events and RERA's per session, but not really going crazy about them.  I'm gonna post the last two nights sessions, which I think are really good, but would like to know if you have any suggestions on the chart.  Increase pressure?  Like I said, I'm really happy with my numbers, but just wondering if you have any thoughts.  Thanks aJack for all the help!!!  Hope you are having a great 4th of July weekend!!!

Brian
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 896 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirCurve 10 ASV settings - Equivalent settings for AirCurve 10 VAUTO Shadowpup 0 886 11-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Shadowpup
  ResMed Adjust ASV Settings to AutoASV Settings ronsch00 4 3,708 06-09-2017, 10:57 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  SleepyHead Question: machine settings on Daily Sidebar don't match actual settings Kris the Crone 6 2,142 06-15-2016, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Kris the Crone
Question Auto CPAP settings vs Auto BiPAP settings thasan26 1 2,772 05-06-2016, 02:32 PM
Last Post: robysue

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.