Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Fellow sufferers, I could use some help
Fellow sufferers, I could use some help
Hi guys and gals, 
I am still relatively new to the subject of Cpap. I hope some friendly helpers can give me advice and help me to improve my therapy settings! 
I am very grateful for any thoughts in this regard! like

I use the APAP mode on my CPAP Machine with a pressure of 9-12 even if OSCAR indicates otherwise...

wish you all a great week stay healthy kind regards Dany

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fellow sufferers, I could use some help
Not sure what kind of pressure relief in exhale the Lowenstein has, but it often helps to reduce the types of events we see there. It appears you have quite a bit of flow limitation which would be visualized in the flow rate graph as a flattening of the inspiration peak rather than a normal rounded breath. The statistics suggest an inspiration time of 2.3 seconds and expiration of 1.66 which, if true shows a lot of inspiratory resistance. Bilevel pressure where pressure increases during inspiration often helps with this, and so many of our members use EPR (exhale pressure relief) on their Resmed Airsense machines, or move to a bilevel device. If you want to zoom in to a resolution of 3 to 4 minutes on the flow rate line we could visually confirm this. Even from the full night view, it is clear that the inspiration (top) side of the flow rate is much shorter than the expiration (bottom). This shows a lower peak inspiratory flow rate.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Sleeprider,

first of all thank you for your time and effort. 
Thanks

I really appreciate it. I hope I have done what you meant correctly.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dannyboy, the respiration flow looks better than I expected. There are definitely some flattened peaks and double peaks in there, but not too bad. The feature I was suggesting you try is called "SoftPAP". It has 3 settings. I think it would help if you experimented with settings 2 and 3 to see if it makes you more comfortable and relieves some of the hypopnea and RERA.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much Sleeprider,

I will test it tonight. I'm looking forward to it Eat-popcorn
have a nice day!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have now tested different levels of my Softpap and these are the results:

Softpap Level 1

Softpap Level 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Both show flow limits, but clearly much less with SoftPAP 2. Whatever the flow limitation index represents, it went from 27.2 to 9.3. That seems like a step in the right direction. Do you have a SoftPAP 3? The flow rate graphs show visible improvement in the inspiratory peaks. RERA and hypopnea are improved and the inspiration/expiration times are improved but still inverse.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
with löwenstein devices SOFTPAP 3 has a different mode of operation, 1 hPa is added to the inspiratory therapy pressure and then reduced by 2 hPa at the start of expiration! That won't make much sense. 

thanks for your time Sleeprider and your advice Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sufferers of UARS (high RDI) KingKongBingBong 4 1,235 05-26-2021, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Geer1
Cool UARS Mild Apnea sufferers what are your thoughts? emos12 10 3,056 01-21-2018, 11:20 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Sleep Apnea sufferers allowed to use OTC pain killers? Jupiter23 7 2,301 07-21-2016, 01:17 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  VIC Roads health audits on Sleep Apnea sufferers Chevy59 11 4,737 05-04-2016, 04:42 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  Death rate triples for sleep apnea sufferers zonk 10 6,473 01-23-2014, 11:21 AM
Last Post: brianwood619
Grin Howdy fellow Hose Heads! Doc is tweaking my settings MsDixie 6 3,299 06-07-2013, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Shastzi
  [News] Desperate sleep apnea sufferers find relief through facial surgery ApneaNews 13 8,710 02-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Last Post: southernlady

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.