Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] First Post - Feel like my doc is not listening to me. Oscar charts
Question 
First Post - Feel like my doc is not listening to me. Oscar charts
Hi,

I am a fairly new cpap user (Resmed Airsense 10) and like many, I am having trouble adapting to using the machine.  (in early Feb, I was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea with an AHI of 12.7)

The main problems I am having are with bloating and irritation and blisters on the bridge of my nose.

On April 5th, I had an appointment with my sleep doctor and complained of these problems.  He changed the settings on my resmed and suggested I use Aquaphor in my nose.

Since then, the irritation on my nose is a little better but the bloating is worse.  Also, I feel like I am waking up in the early hours of the morning with high pressure in my mask and resulting mask leakage that I can't seem to fix.  As a result, I am not using the machine for the full night and am getting frustrated with that and the bloating.

If you have time, please look at the attached Oscar screenshots and tell me what you see as well as any suggestions as to what to change (settings or otherwise)

I prefer to sleep on my side but sometimes sleep on my back.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First Post - Feel like my doc is not listening to me. Oscar charts
I would make 2 changes that will help keep your pressure down and sleep better. 

Min 7
EPR on full time set to 3

Let’s see how that does for a couple nights and post again with those settings.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
What is happening is that your flow limits are out of control. With AutoSet we use EPR to manage these, so as above

Set EPR=3, Fulltime
Set min pressure= 7 to allow the full use of EPR.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you both.  I definitely slept better last night. The MyAir app gave me a score of 94/100 with .3 events per hour. Thanks

Bloating was much better but the marks on the bridge and side of my nose are worse.  I have a resmed F20 silicone mask.
In the past, I have tried making a mask cushion with a thin sock but that just made it worse.
Lolabove

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply
I assume you are a mouth breather. If not a nasal mask leaks much less but if you open your mouth while asleep it won’t work. 

Masks are very personal, by that I mean the shape of your face, size of nose, etc are different on each person. So getting a mask that works for you is hit and miss.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2023, 12:57 PM)Bobbis2000 Wrote: Thank you both.  I definitely slept better last night. The MyAir app gave me a score of 94/100 with .3 events per hour. Thanks

Bloating was much better but the marks on the bridge and side of my nose are worse.  I have a resmed F20 silicone mask.
In the past, I have tried making a mask cushion with a thin sock but that just made it worse.
Lolabove

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rob
You could try the airfit cushion on the F20 setup (it's foam), and you can purchase mask cushions from amazon for the F20 as well.  I had to try different sized cushions too (I was measured for a med, but needed a large).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI scores but feel like I should feel better jake79 5 158 Yesterday, 01:57 PM
Last Post: jake79
  First post - First week of CPAP R1c4ard06 3 98 04-16-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: R1c4ard06
  3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice Jakeb24 5 129 04-15-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 468 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 10 351 04-02-2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: DKane
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 172 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 7 319 03-30-2024, 05:58 PM
Last Post: FlyAU98

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.