Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Need some help setting up my machine to treat me optimally please!
Need some help setting up my machine to treat me optimally please!
Hello everyone! I naively thought i could do this on my own, that was obviously not the case. Diagnosed with an AHI of 124.1.

I am using a Resmed Autoset 10 in APAP mode, my pressure (i have been messing with it, trying desperately to find my sweet spot to no avail) is currently 4 - 20, EPR is 3, and ramp is turned off.

Below are my OSCAR results the last few nights. Any help would be appreciated. I woke up after my first night and felt great but I've never been able to replicate that feeling since.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need some help setting up my machine to treat me optimally please!
Welcome to the board. I think we need to start over and try new settings to see how they for you. I would suggest the following.

Min 7
Max 12
EPR full time set to 3 (be sure that is set to full time)

Give it a try and post results tomorrow and we will try to make changes as you need them.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! Yes, I know it is a mess Sad

Okay! I will make these changes at post the results tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you post tomorrow check the link I have for chart organization. We need to see the Flow limits also...
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Will do! My apologies.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would also turn off your ramp as right now it is not doing you any good at all.

The problem is your Flow Limitations are out of control.

Changing you minimum to 7 allows EPR, your best weapon against flow limitations to fully function.

This is a good path to start.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, i looked at your link, hopefully this looks a bit better but let me know if i need to get anymore information to you.

Post Reply Post Reply
We still need to see the flow limits but on this night your main problem is positional apnea. Also known as chin tucking when your chin drops down to your sternum cutting off your own airway. 

Think of it like a garden hose with a kink. No water can get past that kink and it does NOT help turning up the water - nothing will get through until you fix the kink. 

You must find out why you are getting into that position. Positional apnea can happen In any sleeping position but happens more often when you are on your back. It could be to high of pillow(s) forcing your chin down. 

If you can’t stop sleeping in that position you may need a collar to keep you chin up and your neck straight. I have a link to collars that show people without collars and the same people with the collar and it is a huge difference. (Link in my signature)

You can tell positional apnea by the large group events in either the O or H events.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know exactly what you're saying and i think i can fix that on my own. I think the main problem is my pillow.

I must have misread the wiki. Here is an update with Flow Limits at the top. Sorry again.

Post Reply Post Reply
If the pillow fixes that great. Any other issues you have are hiding behind that positional apnea thus that is the first priority.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 15 417 18 minutes ago
Last Post: Humancyclone7
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,309 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 127 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 266 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 151 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  CPAP to ASV setting translation? Moemah123 2 520 04-03-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Yujiyun
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 251 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.