Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] New to OSCAR, need some advice on data interpretation
New to OSCAR, need some advice on data interpretation
My husband and I are both diagnosed with sleep apnea. He has been using his ResMed 11 for about 2 years but I recently noticed that he was snoring through his nasal pillows, does not typically have an issue with opening his mouth while sleeping, has also been having symptoms of being tired and not feeling rested throughout the day much like he did before starting therapy, just not as severe. I suspected that his pressure needs have changed, or he was not high enough at his minimum. We just learned about OSCAR and have been trying to figure out how the data correlated to what is happening during sleep based on reading the advice from previous threads, but I am still feeling lost. The first recording at his previous settings looked like he was in fact not getting enough pressure, he also says he doesn't feel like he is getting enough air if the minimum is low, he also appeared to be having more events with a lower minimum. We also tried reducing or turning off his EPR, but he struggled with that so we raised his minimum and maximum and put the EPR back on 2. Overall, he says he is starting to feel better again (it's only been a few nights) and we know it can take some time....I think we're on the right track but we don't really know how the flow limits are correlating to the pressures and if it indicates we are on the right track or need to tweak it some more. Any insight you guys might be able to provide would be very much appreciated! I have attached a screenshot of the night before we implemented the changes and a couple of them since. Thank you guys so much!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 45 1,851 2 hours ago
Last Post: Uzupan
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 1 50 3 hours ago
Last Post: Ostrich
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 306 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 57 Yesterday, 09:13 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 182 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 876 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 108 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.