Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] New xPAP user - Question about Centrals on OSCAR
RE: New xPAP user - Question about Centrals on OSCAR
no, the ferritin info is useful.

apparently supplements are effective in some/many cases. near as I can tell rls/plm can have many causes and no one seems to know much about them.

my iron levels were fine last checked. I take 4mg ropinirole. 2mg at about 7pm, 2mg sometime later, ideally around 10pm. in addition, I use an inexpensive tens/ems (electrical nerve/muscle stimulator) whenever I feel my waking rls coming on. sometimes I wear the electrodes to bed with the timer set to 50 minutes. my rls has gotten worse over the years; idk if ropinirole induced augmentation, but my sleeping plm is worse if I forget to take the 2nd ropinirole so I assume it's working.

I really like the relief I get from the tens/ems unit because I feel the source of my rls/plm is related to some low back discomfort. idk if it helps anyone else. to my knowledge only one other person with plm here has tried it but I'm not sure if it worked for them. I have no idea but would hazard a guess it might not help in the case of low iron. still, at less than $50usd, it might be worth a try. it's also good for general aches and pains.

it's probably obvious but the main thing I wanted you to know is that plm will likely leave you feeing tired regardless of machine type and settings and that in my case at least, the vauto is a hair better because it's more capable of restricting ps fluctuations. I kinda suspect that if I can ever get my plm completely out of the picture, I might even be able to get decent treatment out of my apap.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New xPAP user - Question about Centrals on OSCAR
Yeah, I can see how PLM would worsen sleep regardless of PAP. I’m hoping that’s not the reason I’m waking up so often, but we’ll see!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 14 388 03-26-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,801 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 123 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 117 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  started to get a lot more centrals, questions airwaystent 3 235 03-02-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 279 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.