Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Pressure Setting Recommendations
Surprised 
Pressure Setting Recommendations
Hi everyone I recently received my Dreamstation Auto 2 and I was wondering if someone could help me interpret the data to see if there are any possible adjustments I can make to lower my ahi. I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thank you! Okay Coffee Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure Setting Recommendations
Could someone please take a look at my data, it would be greatly appreciated. My ahi stays at 3/2.5 I can’t seem to get it any lower. Any advice would be appreciated im just trying to get this resolved.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board. Sorry your post got lost a couple days ago without a reply You are using 5.5 to 9.0 pressure with a Ramp starting at 4.0 for 15 minutes. If you can tolerate the relatively low starting pressure, please turn off ramp or switch to Auto so that it detects sleep as soon as possible. I think you need a higher minimum pressure based on the hypopnea and CA events you are experiencing. The Philips Dreamstation auto CPAP machines are notoriously slow to get ahead of events, and a lower minimum pressure is usually effective in reducing AHI for people with similar event rates. I will suggest you turn on C-Flex or A-Flex at a setting of 2. This may help by increasing the pressure relief during exhale. Flex is not as effective as the Resmed EPR, but it's usually more comfortable than not using it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey, sorry we left you without input. It will be easier to spot things to suggest once you adjust what graphs to include in your posts. There are widely suggested chart settings - check the "Organize your OSCAR Charts" link below Master Sleeprider's signature.

I think your settings are pretty good, but I also think your score of 2.5 to 3 is just fine, more important is that you are sleeping sound and hopefully feeling good.

I am on CPAP setting and with Flex setting of 3, and it is comfortable.

In CPAP mode rather than APAP, you are likely to better manage the Hypopnea score. I would stay with CPAP while increasing the min pressure a little bit and if you ramp, you might try starting closer to the min pressure. ie. ramp pressure 5, min pressure 6.5.

Good luck.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,212 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 148 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,326 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 513 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,173 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Recommendations to optimize settings roost 8 624 03-06-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: roost
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 855 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.