Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Pressure Setting
Pressure Setting
I have a ResMed S9 Autoset. When I put the SD card back in, it asked if I wanted to erase the SD card (I never saw that before), when I touched the dial it started erasing. I thought about it and didn't think I wanted that. So I took the SD card out after about 30 seconds and then reinserted it. It now said reading the card, which I think it always has said in the past. I checked all my settings and the 30 days of data and it looks all good. 

My concern is if my pressure setting was affected. From another post I assume that my pressure setting is NOT stored on the SD card and that it should not have been affected. Is that correct?

Thank you in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure Setting
G'day Jim. Welcome to Apnea Board.

The S9 series is unique in that it won't tolerate any extraneous material on the SD card. Unfortunately MS Windows insists on writing an index file to the card, and this upsets the S9 which will then reformat the card. This may have been the cause of the reformat. You can over-ride Windows by using a registry hack.

The pressure settings are stored internally in the machine but can be over-ridden by new settings on the card. This only works if you use ResScan, which is Resmed's own software. It doesn't happen with Oscar.

One other thing to be aware of is that SD cards don't last forever and can eventually "go bad" which could also cause the machine to do a re-format.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, thank you! So I should be good. I went to my sleep doctor today and they read the card, so that must be it. 

My SD card is about 10 years old now, should I buy a new SD card? Or is that something that I should just wait on?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep using your existing card as long as it's working OK. A new card would be cheap insurance - it will only cost a couple of dollars. Just get the lowest capacity standard SD card you can find at any electronics outlet. Contrary to what Resmed will tell you, you do not need to buy their specially branded and over-priced cards. My genuine Resmed card developed a glitch so now I'm using a no-brand card I took from an old digital camera. It works fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks  Thanks again for your help!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 106 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 239 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 137 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  CPAP to ASV setting translation? Moemah123 2 517 04-03-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Yujiyun
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 241 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,438 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 929 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.