Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure?
Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure?
I've been using CPAP for a few years now (since Oct 2020) and had kept my settings stable, however I've recently lost some weight so I'm revisiting them.

I'm also finding constant pressure (full feeling) in one ear with partial hearing loss and tinnitus, which I think might be due to the use of CPAP (I am trying to reach out to a GP to check this). I'm hoping it's simply ear wax!

I've tried an initial tweak - I originally had the pressure range set to 10-20, with EPR off. I've reduced the range to 6-14 with EPR on (minimum level) last night based on the OSCAR data. I was hoping less resistance as I breathed out might reduce the pressure on my ears?

I've attached three nights of data (two at previous settings, one at the new setting) to see if anything jumped out at anyone, or if there were further settings I might want to tweak etc?

(For context, my AHI prior to treatment was somewhere between 70-100 so CPAP is working very effectively, but I am worried about the hearing loss (barotrauma?)  if it doesn't resolve - it's been a few months now)

Many thanks for any help/advice!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 13 405 3 hours ago
Last Post: stevew168
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,830 7 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  Fan is running but no pressure from Dreamstaion Fireboss 2 46 8 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Do I need to increase my max pressure? Daveman 4 92 Yesterday, 12:37 PM
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 987 Yesterday, 03:24 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 383 03-27-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Struggling with pressure etc ubuntootoo 9 273 03-22-2024, 06:19 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.