Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Recently Diagnosed, Please view my charts
Recently Diagnosed, Please view my charts
Hello,
I'm new to Bi-Pap and recently got a Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto. 

Mask : Resmed N30i (Nasal Cushion)
Pressure: Still trying to dial it in

My Resmed representative is managing my pressure remotely after viewing my daily results. However, at higher pressures like 15-16, I started getting pain in my septum, it isn't intolerable but it is very annoying and feels tender to the touch. So against her advice, I requested her to lower the max pressure to 10 - 11 for a few days to see what happens, and additionally it would give me a chance to get used to the machine and we can increase pressure slowly and steadily over some time. 
Anyways, I'm very new to the BiPap, just been 4 days but I'm getting a bit more comfortable sleeping for longer periods with it on. 

I don't have any specific questions as such but I would like you CPAP gurus on the forum to have a look at my charts and tell me if there's anything obvious that you spot or any advice that you can offer me. I know it is a very short period to draw conclusions but I am unable to make much sense of anything from my charts and maybe any advice from you could get me thinking in the right direction and keeping an eye on the right things.

Any setting changes that you recommend, any advice for me - any input would be extremely appreciated!

I have attached graphs for the last 4 days:

May 30: 

May 31:

June 1:

June 2:

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Recently Diagnosed, Please view my charts
Welcome to the forum. I have no idea what is causing your pain. What is obvious from the clustering of obstructive events is that you are experiencing positional apnea which is caused by tucking the chin towards the chest which restricts the airway. It is similar to what happens to the flow of water when a hose is kinked. It can be caused by using to thick a pillow or, if you sleep on your side, by tucking the chin towards the chest. Please read thus link on positional apnea.
https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...onal_Apnea

Others with more experience with you machine wwill comment on your settings. Pressure changes, however, will not resolve positional apnea.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2023, 11:35 PM)Melman Wrote: It can be caused by using to thick a pillow or, if you sleep on your side, by tucking the chin towards the chest. Please read thus link on positional apnea.

Thank you for your input. I do indeed sleep with a considerably thick pillow and I am overweight so I do have a double chin with some heft to it. 
I will try sleeping with a thin pillow tonight or maybe without a pillow at all. Do you recommend that I try one of those cervical collars to prevent myself from tucking my chin while I'm asleep?
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's see what happens with a thinner pillow first. Do you sleep on your back or side?
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here are charts from yesterday and today's longest sleep session. I have been using a much thinner pillow now. 

June 4:

June 5:

Please share your thoughts.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 22 397 11 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 247 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 60 03-27-2024, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 107 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 389 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 109 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 121 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.