Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer
Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer
I have a Resmed 10 Airsense and want to check it's reported pressure. I would appreciate a recommendation for a dial manometer and where I can buy one.

Thanks.

Sam
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer
You would need a very sensitive one. It is easier to use a transparent plastic tube, make a U shape, and inject some water in it so you have two water meniscus in the U. At zero pressure, they are on the same level. You can read the pressure directly in water cm when connected to the CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not a dial manometer, but a digital that I bought from Amazon and works well for checking CPAP pressure. I did have to fabricate an adapter to use the manometer fitting to the CPAP hose.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01680...UTF8&psc=1

[Image: b9ruV6m.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate both of them.

Sam
Post Reply Post Reply
Fill a tall flower vase or the like (taller in centimeters than your pressure in centimeters) with water and set it in a sink, shower basin, bathtub, or someplace like that where overflow won't make a mess. Disconnect your mask and with the machine running insert the mask end of the hose into the water. It will make bubbles, find the depth (in centimeters) that just makes the bubbles stop. That depth is the pressure in centimeters.

For example, if your pressure is 12 cm H2O, then a depth of 12 cm will be just enough to make the bubbles stop. Any depth less than 12 cm and there will be bubbles, any depth greater than 12 cm and there will be no bubbles.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Mask recommendation for a sensitive side-sleeper who might have an unusual face shape PersonInNY 7 245 3 hours ago
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 9 358 04-25-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Tomkk - Therapy Advice Request Tomkk 7 213 04-07-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help request... zsearcher 26 1,495 03-28-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: zsearcher
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 243 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
Exclaimation OSCAR: OSCAR Beta Tester Request Crimson Nape 1 753 02-23-2024, 06:56 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,193 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.