Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pressure Setting
Pressure Setting
Hi I am new to all this. I didn’t like the machine so I stopped using it. But I can’t even sleep anymore so it is a must. I have the Air Curve 10 vauto. Last night in S mode settings 4 and 10max my ahi was 56. So am to assume I need to increase pressure. When I try it on auto it blows mask off my face and I wake up all the time. I need to find a happy medium. Any input will be so helpful.
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure Setting
Hi and welcome to the Apnea Board!

You have a very good CPAP.  However, the settings you list are way below its capability.  Do you have a copy of your sleep study?  That would help in understanding your problem.  Also, I recommend that you download OSCAR (the link is in the name).  It is a free sleep data analysis program for several CPAP brands.   You will also need an SD card between 2 GB and 32 GB in size.   You will need to have it inserted in your AC10 while you sleep to record your detailed sleep data.  Later, you will import the data to your PC while running OSCAR.  Look through the links in my signature for more information on this program.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The settings are indeed far from good. S mode tends to cripple the ability. And with AHI of 56, well it's not even close to doing any good. It's something we can help with. OSCAR chart would be a great help and as mentioned the copy of the sleep study.

Likely a change in mode and pressures will get you into well treated pretty quick.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's bet the PS 6 results in mostly CA. See, without data we guess and postulate. With data, we can nail it quickly.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will get that program. When the clinic set it it was S mode and high number was 19. But I wake up with it leaking blowing mask off my face. What mode should I start it in?
Post Reply Post Reply
Since we have no idea what you need, start with Vauto mode, EPAP min 4.0, IPAP max 16.0, PS 4.0. The important thing is that we look at the data with OSCAR and make an intelligent choice based on the facts.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for helping. I will set at setting you gave me and record tonight. Then get it downloaded tomorrow. Machine automatically records correct? I will download on my Mac book. I need to get a card reader tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Be sure the SD card is unlocked. Give it some time to write the data after you get up. It will be there when you're ready to upload.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
One last thing, while you are setting your pressures, check the time and date of the AC10. The time and date options are near the bottom of the clinician menu.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Ah good point on date/time. I'd set that first then other settings. Maybe homework is the wiki on masks, fitting and adjusting.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 148 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,172 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 855 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 424 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 382 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor
  AirSense 10 and Humidity Setting Columbiabill 16 2,996 12-12-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Mask Type Setting Mpadgett714 1 512 12-11-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.