Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Sudden elevated AHI. HELP!!!!
RE: Sudden elevated AHI. HELP!!!!
Here are the screenshots you asked about.

My AHI have been stable lately. But i get mild fluctuations. Though its nowhere under 1 like many users have.

I don't know why yesterday night data is not there. I just updated the data from SD card. Will have to investigate it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!

1) I guess you are using Cflex 1 or 2 right now ?

2) Out of all the "Changes to prescription settings" tab, do you recall what was the AFlex / CFlex / none for each one ?
As in, do you recall if your flex settings was either none or CFlex 1 in this situation:
- From the 23rd may to 27th may (5 nights)
- From the 9th June till 19th june (11 nights)
I just would like to check if there is a correlation between high AHI and no flex or CFlex 1 used

3) I would increase your minimum pressure to 9.0, and try AFlex 1

Thibault
Post Reply Post Reply
I was on C flex 1 during the times you mentioned. As i said, I have rarely used A Flex after sleep rider suggested C flex. 

That being said, yesterday i slept with a-flex 1 and min pressure 9 and max 17. I had AHI of 5 but it was the worst sleep I had in a very long time. I woke up multiple times.

Though I highly suspect it was due to the disturbing nature of dreams I saw. So i will sleep with the same settings tonight and again see the results.

No flex really makes exhalation difficult at high pressures and leads to multiple wakings. I can easily bear no flex upto a pressure of 10 but above that its very difficult.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-14-2018, 04:45 AM)arc0509 Wrote: I was on C flex 1 during the times you mentioned. As i said, I have rarely used A Flex after sleep rider suggested C flex. 

That being said, yesterday i slept with a-flex 1 and min pressure 9 and max 17. I had AHI of 5 but it was the worst sleep I had in a very long time. I woke up multiple times.

Though I highly suspect it was due to the disturbing nature of dreams I saw. So i will sleep with the same settings tonight and again see the results.

No flex really makes exhalation difficult at high pressures and leads to multiple wakings. I can easily bear no flex upto a pressure of 10 but above that its very difficult.

Haha AWESOME! Vivid dreams, they look quite real, right?

Not nightmare, but weird, is it?

I guess that means this actually was a pretty good night. No joke! That happens to me for my first month under CPAP. Woke up 4 or 5 times per night, I guess during every REM sleep!

I could have written a book :-)

Continue with these settings, you are on a pretty good track!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have slept for 4.4 hours right now and have been struggling to sleep since the past 30 mins or so. I am feeling shortness of breath right now and AHI fpr last 4.4 hours is 7.7.

I dontd think this A flex is working for me at all. God..
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-14-2018, 09:24 PM)arc0509 Wrote: I have slept for 4.4 hours right now and have been struggling to sleep since the past 30 mins or so. I am feeling shortness of breath right now and AHI fpr last 4.4 hours is 7.7.

I dontd think this A flex is working for me at all. God..

Post your screenshot please :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry. Personal life not up for sale. Good luck on your quest.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Symptoms] Worried about sudden spike in CA events rohit261990 8 216 Yesterday, 12:44 AM
Last Post: rohit261990
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 393 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Surprised [CPAP] Sudden Increase in AHI amfar33 2 129 04-14-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 144 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  Sudden onset of desats - can't figure out why MCS2014 7 405 02-26-2024, 08:25 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Anxiety/elevated HR at beginning of night Jskier 1 239 02-11-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Assistance with sudden issues incl. OSCAR RustyShackleford 3 391 01-01-2024, 04:18 PM
Last Post: RustyShackleford

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.