Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Switched to Bi-Level - A lot of clear airway events
RE: Switched to Bi-Level - A lot of clear airway events
(05-22-2023, 10:47 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: It looks like your witching hour was midnight.  Everything before midnight seems a little hectic, like you never went to sleep.  After midnight, your data smooths out.   For fun and giggles, try dropping your PS to 2 and let's see if the CAs reduce.   The OAs look positional. - Work on that and the leaks!  Smile

- Red

Hi Red, I think I was probably still awake trying to fall asleep at that time. I dropped ps to 2 and it ended up with a little higher AHI.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2023, 10:53 AM)Gideon Wrote: Put your Trigger setting in your profile, it is important.
See what I meant by the max IPAP, the high not mattering because when well treated it matters little.  You set it to 9, which is a very low setting, and never touched it

Hi Gideon. Sorry for being dense. I can't find a place to put the trigger setting in my apnea board profile or in OSCAR. So you think I could have the IPAP higher, but as long as the other settings are good then the machine won't make it go so high?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep! Your flow limit is starting to climb using a PS of 2. Turn off the ramp. Put your PS back to 3, set your minimum to 7 cm, maximum 12 cm. Leave your Trigger on Very High and work on those leaks. This should strike a happy medium.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2023, 04:41 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Yep!  Your flow limit is starting to climb using a PS of 2.  Turn off the ramp.  Put your PS back to 3, set your minimum to 7 cm, maximum 12 cm.  Leave your Trigger on Very High and work on those leaks.  This should strike a happy medium.

- Red

Will do, thanks so much for all the help! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 331 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,395 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Bi-Level Help, Prisma 25ST Macka 0 80 03-21-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 263 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,001 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 118 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 455 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.