Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] TheWallofSleep's Therapy Thread
RE: Help Calibrating APAP Pressure
I am thinking my adjustments may be too rapid. I am going to go back to my 7.4, where I know I can tolerate it, which also gets me more hours of sleep time, and try increasing every day or every other day by 0.2 increments. I will also work on getting a version of my polysomnogram data from abut a year and a half ago to post here. I do recall that they gave me a recommended pressure of 6.0.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Alright,this is late, but here is what I found from my polysomnogram. This was back in November of 2019.

It massively contradicts my current Oscar data.
Thank you again.
Post Reply Post Reply
My apologies, but here is the last part of the report as well as last two nights of Oscar for side by side comparison.

Unfortunately, I still feel terrible. I am extremely tired, mentally foggy, dizzy, and forgetful. Once in a while I will wear a fitbit to bed and the numbers that gives me always reflect how I feel, usually poor to very poor percentages of REM and deep sleep cycles. My numbers on Oscar say I do better around ~9.0cmH2O, however around that range I start getting bad aerophagia which I believe also contributes to disrupting my sleep.

I understand centrals are consistently inconsistent, but given that there is usually a pretty consistent spread of them each night, and that even my sleep study showed an RDI of 16, is it worth fighting for an ASV? I meet with my doctor in a few weeks to discuss where to go from here.

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like you are doing well at this point. How do you feel? Refreshed in the morning? Energized, Cognitive improvement?

Just some Hypopneas, and some centrals... not enough to warrant an ASV. Try 9.5 or 10 minimum and see if you can deal with it and not have bloating.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK we have 6 Central and 10 Hypopnea, maybe Obstructive or maybe Central oriented... I want to say this is pre-existing/predominant Central Apnea, but this PSG reads more like a split study rather than just diagnosic or titration. Dunno, maybe get some OSCAR stats up including zoomed in views of a few samples of your Central Apnea segments. I'm leaning towards the need for the ASV titration with what's presented so far. Possibly, a case for this could be built in untreated CA and a solid complaint listing about it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
sorry to hear you feel that way.

I drink a cup of chamomile/lavander tea half hour before bed, and a light snack... oatmeal and 3mg of melatonin. Check to see if you can take melatonin, with your Dr. Smaller doses of melatonin works for me. 10mg isn't always optimal for some folks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2021, 01:03 PM)Sleepinwell Wrote: sorry to hear you feel that way.

I drink a cup of chamomile/lavander tea half hour before bed, and a light snack... oatmeal and 3mg of melatonin. Check to see if you can take melatonin, with your Dr. Smaller doses of melatonin works for me. 10mg isn't always optimal for some folks.

Thank you, I will have to try the Lavender oil. I am currently taking 3mg of melatonin and some L-Theanine each night.
Post Reply Post Reply
My pulmonologist has been a joy to work with, and I believe they are trying as best they can, but I kept saying it felt like we are missing something. Here are some screenshots of central events in various clusters and various pressures. The night of April 22 seems intriguing to me especially since that is a pressure that theoretically should have been ideal for me. Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
A redo at looking at these latest OSCAR charts, the numbers aren't terrible but Flow Limits at about .27 on 2 nights by themselves might be a problem. Secondly if you address these same FL, your Centrals will go up. And in light of the Centrals, bilevel wouldn't be a great idea.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Could changing the response from standard to soft be beneficial? I am going to try and sleep on my side for a few nights and see if that improves anything.I have been gradually increasing the pressure as well, and the centrals are staying pretty consistent. I am uncertain but this seems indicative of complex apnea, would pursuing a BiLevel be worth my time? You said in light of the centrals it wouldn't be a bright idea, but I thought a BiLevel was for treating centrals.
Thanks

Edit: I misunderstood that BiLevel and ASV are different. In that case, would going down the path of getting an ASV be beneficial?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 168 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,359 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 966 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,211 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.