Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Titration for UARS
Titration for UARS
Hi Everyone, 

I'm hoping to get some assistance with titrating my Bipap to treat my UARS. 

Background: I've been struggling to get restful sleep for almost six years. My most recent sleep study (18 months ago) titrated me to 14/9 on Bipap. When I got home and used this pressure (on a Phillips Bipap), I experienced an incredible number of CAs, felt awful, and I eventually retreated to my ResMed Air Sense 10 Apap with limited success. 

I also have PLMD which is correlated with my sleep-disordered breathing ("SDB") and creates its own set of arousals. In addition to my new ResMed V-Auto Bipap I am now using, I also use an oral appliance and take .25mg of clonazepam at bedtime. This combination gets me to a point where I can function, but I am nowhere near 100%. Obviously, I'd like to find a purely mechanical solution to my SDB and discontinue clonazepam. I'm also open to getting a different machine, up to and including an ASV. 

Please let me know what additional information I can provide, and thank you in advance for the help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Titration for UARS
How come that i was also diagnosed with UARS, I'm taking clonazepam even up to 2mg, also with months of bad sleeping and my AHI score is around 0.5. Im using 4min max 11.

https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...-the-night
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 15 469 Yesterday, 12:40 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 15 1,139 04-17-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: jkossis
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,364 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 50 2,169 04-16-2024, 02:57 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 153 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 111 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  CPAP Not Helping... Possible UARS?? TiredTim 0 165 04-02-2024, 05:24 PM
Last Post: TiredTim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.