Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problems with breathe
Problems with breathe
Hello,
for several years, and it is getting worse, I have difficulty breathing (rhythm and amplitude), as if I had run a mile and I need ten to fifteen minutes to find a normal rhythm:
  - when I go to bed at night
  - when I wake up at night to change position (go from left flank to right flank)
  - sometimes at night without changing position.
The first and second images show the phenomenon; the third is a normal period.

Do any of you have an idea or better a solution.

Thank you

Resmed 10
pressure 7.4
IAH <1 9 days out of 10

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problems with breathe
Please include a screenshot that shows the information in the left column with events, statistics and settings. This organization of charts is discussed in this wiki: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization You appear to have some issues with hyperventilation, and we may need to see some closer zoomed screenshots of that flow rate in the 2-3 minute time so we can sort out what is happening. The linked wiki also discusses how to take a zoom shot.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As asked a closer look.
*** Moderator Note: Corrupted image removed. ***

Images can not be hosted from a personal computer. Please upload them either to the Apnea Board server or use an image hosting service.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, this one should be better.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
As described in the Chart organization wiki, turn-off the monthly calendar by clicking on the triangle in the date, and turn-off the pie chart using F3 or the menu. There are some strange anomalies in your exhale cycle that could either be an expiratory snore or may even be a problem with the way your machine is using EPR. The first thing I want to do is to try slightly higher pressure in case that bump in the exhale is air-way collapse as the pressure falls too low.

You have an Airsense 10 Elite fixed pressure CPAP with a pressure of 7.4 and EPR of 3. I'd like you to try a minimum pressure of 9.0 to see if that clears up that exhale cycle and avoids the hyperventilation. With EPR 3, that will result in a pressure of 9.0/6.0 (inhale/exhale).
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,009 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 221 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  N20 mask: waking up unable to breathe acordeon 1 264 02-05-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feeling like I cannot breathe vgrando 108 8,790 12-30-2023, 09:25 PM
Last Post: vgrando
  Breathe Right Strips and Central Apneas TiredTom111 10 1,174 12-26-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: punkrockcholo
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,840 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.