Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
RE: AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
Just saw that ResMed came out with memory foam cushion for the n20 nasal mask called the n20 airtouch.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2020, 11:35 AM)yankees123 Wrote: Just saw that ResMed came out with memory foam cushion for the n20 nasal mask called the n20 airtouch.

Excellent.

I am on my 3rd N20 (actually 4th, but that's another story.)

I use mine with the Knightsbridge Dual Strap. My AHI has been consistently low. I have excessive leakage sometimes. That's due to me not taking enough care putting the mask on over the KDStrap. I've loosened the straps and I'm going to be early so I will take more care.

Keep the Shiny Side Up.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer

This is an amazing source of information.

I'm still using an N20 with a Knightsbridge Dual Strap.

Caution.

My normal N20 is a regular headgear and a Medium insert. When I put the N20 on after I adjust the Knightsbridge Dual Strap i have problems with the two bottom straps. I POP the magnetic closer off. I'll go the whole night with bad leakage.
The remedy was to purchase another mask. It is a LARGE N20. Unfortunately it comes with a large insert. I get to replace the large insert with a medium to solve leakage problems. I provided my KDS myself (direct purchase) so I have no recourse with my DME supplier who provided my N20 mask.

Hope this helps someone.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Does anyone have any experience using the n20 mask with the air touch cushion?
Post Reply Post Reply
i use the AirFit N20 mask. Is that the one you are asking about? It has the silicone? cushion.

I've had at least 5 of them.
I use a medium cushion when I sue a soft curvical collar, and tape on my lips.
I bought a Large cushion to use over my Knightsbridge Dual Band cap/strap.

Can I help?
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
I have given up on the n20, had no problem with leaks, found that the air coming out of the vents was too much for me since I am a side sleeper.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm liking this mask much better than Resperonics Wisp now that I got a hose holder/hanger. I get no leaks with the hose holder/hanger!

I like mask much better than Wisp mask because it doesn't get degraded by being crushed from the strap tension. It last much longer, and holds shape better, which is important for good air flow. I can use N20 at a lower pressure than Wisp, which is a plus.

I hope they re-design the graph at the top of the mask. It causes leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
The N20 is great EXCEPT the exhaust vent is so strong and cold, which makes it a deal breaker for me. Too bad Resmed did not think about that in advance. This may be a great mask for a single person but the spouse will not like the exhaust.
Post Reply Post Reply
So lately, I've tested the N20 mask extensively for about a month. It does a decent job, until I went back to my Resperonics Wisp mask. The issue I had was the Large size mask would compress too much over time and degrades the room inside the mask, so I stepped it up a size to XL, and it seems to work much better. I don't get mask shift that partially blocks my nasal passage anymore.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,682 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,299 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] AirFit P10 versus DreamWear cmk17 22 35,152 11-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,222 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] Resmed AirFit P10 eviltim 190 124,126 11-30-2022, 12:40 AM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 22,816 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit N30i Coffee Man 39 25,069 02-27-2022, 09:46 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.