Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Apria CPAP Pillow
Thumbsdown 
Apria CPAP Pillow
Well I thought it would be great to have a pillow designed for a CPAP user so I bought this Apria CPAP pillow which looked like it would be great!  It is made of memory foam and it has 2 kind of rounded areas with a kind of cradle between them and a small "ramp" for your shoulders.  It looks like it would hold you in a great body position.  And it does.  However, my hand kept falling asleep and waking me up.  I blamed it on my carpal tunnel which I am going to get fixed this year hopefully.  I started wearing my brace to bed at night like I am supposed to.  Well it all came to a head night before last when no matter what, my hand kept falling asleep, but this time it wasn't waking up.  I awoke Tuesday morning to half my hand feeling like it was asleep or on Novocaine or something.  Again, I blamed the CTS.  It took 2 hours before the lingering effects were gone.  To make a long story short, something about this pillow is putting pressure on my neck to the point it is causing a nerve problem.  I will NOT be using this pillow anymore!  I'm not saying this is a bad product or that this will happen to anyone else, I may have spinal issues I am unaware of, but this is NOT the product for me!  Going back to my old faithful "regular" pillow for now. Ohwell
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Hcore Contour Pillow ejbpesca 0 838 09-20-2023, 08:08 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  [Product Review] my pillow Joedozer 9 6,962 10-07-2021, 11:41 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Product Review] Buckwheat Pillow VS My Pillow Walla Walla 3 5,161 04-15-2018, 08:20 AM
Last Post: HD Fry
  [Product Review] Wedge Pillow / Body Pillow Beej 1 3,620 02-05-2017, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Beej
  [Product Review] The Contour CPAP Pillow [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 6 11,692 12-17-2013, 05:49 PM
Last Post: PsychoMike

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.