Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Bleep Sleep Mask
RE: Bleep Sleep Mask
I found you get used to the elephant trunk feeling fairly quickly but sometimes the bleep can be too much and I go for the P10 for a few nights then I look at my leaks and see movement leaks and go back to the bleep  Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
Surprised 
I have been using the bleep mask for a week and really love it. I have tried over a dozen masks but this one is so different from the rest. It’s so nice not to have any headgears and my AHI has been under one. Tube management has been a work in progress but I think I have solved this. The other thing is I get no leaks with this mask.  
I have spoken with Stuart several times and found him to really care about helping me with any problems.  
Would highly recommend trying this mask.  
Hope that the company comes out with a way to buy the ports in monthly or quarterly or annual supplies.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a vendor on the Bleep website that sells yearly supplies. You should call Stuart at one of the Bleep phone numbers. He can direct you where.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another update on this one.
Some time since May (my last hose order) they have upgraded the hose and adapter.
The hose is now lighter, thinner, and about 6 or 8" longer, and they've added a velcro strap with diffuser/filter material.
The strap serves two functions, one, it holds the filter material in front of the vents, which reduces the exhausted air.  I would occasionally have dry eye because it would bounce off of my hand... and on cold nights, the air blowing on my arm was... cold.
A secondary benefit is if you roll over and the hose is snagged under the pillow, you are less likely to pull the silicone piece off of the plastic hose interface.  I've had that happen a few times and it's a lot of fun reassembling it in the dark with the machine at full pressure when barely awake.

It seems like the silicone part is unchanged, but the tabs on the plastic clips are larger, making it easier to clip in and disconnect.
I've been using the system now for probably 2 years... I started about the time they were released... and I can't imagine going back.

[Image: vez5Tph.jpg]
[Image: jLGbEda.jpg]
[Image: KEvnnP8.jpg]
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
And prices continue to drop on the ports.
When they first dropped, I was concerned that they were going to be discontinued, and I bought a bunch, just to stave off the inevitable need to go back to the P10.
Latest price on Amazon has them down to $13 for a box, so that brings the consumable cost down to $0.81/day

I fought my DME for months trying to get these things covered.
It's Medicare approved, which was the protest that they had initially, and the reason provided for why they did not carry it.
Then they started carrying it, but I guess the rep changed, or went to some "class", because in the past, if I wanted to switch from the P10 to one of the nasal or FFM designs, all I had to do was request it. Now they are saying that they need an order from my sleep doc to make the change.

I'm dreading the ordeal I'm going to have to face when my machine needs replacement.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Bleep Eclipse coming soon with magnetic connectors (an update on the Dreamport)

The LankyLefty27 has this youtube preview from August 17 https://youtu.be/go2-kpFOr84
Post Reply Post Reply
I know your post is from a long time ago so wondering if you're still using the Bleep Dreamway? I have both the Dreamway and Eclipse. I have it figured out and can use the ports, easily connecting them in bed. I found it way easier once I didn't look in the mirror. I use a hose holder but the Eclipse seems to pull on my nose. The magnets seem a little wider than the ports. I plan to get some halos in case I get congested and need to blow my nose or have a runny nose. What has been your experience? I wish there was more out there about the process of using them, the short videos just didn't do it for me but like others, I've found Stuart to be very helpful. I started using a barrier spray and haven't had any problem with my skin.  I still have a problem falling back to sleep with it on if I wake during the night, which is a on again off again problem. It's been a couple months and I'd never go back to headgear but I wish I would have found my process quicker.
Post Reply Post Reply
Love the Bleep System! I included my process
I've been using both the Dreamway and Eclipse for about 3 months now and just love it. I will never go back to headgear. 
There is a learning curve with the ports. The videos helped  me a little, you really have to study them and they go by quickly. You have to pay attention to each step. I can now connect the ports in bed. The mirror was just goofing me up. For awhile I looked in the mirror and lined up but then had to turn away. It was suggested to use a skin prep to protect your skin. I bought some so I'm using it but not sure if it matters. When I switched to the Eclipse, It was so easy! The only trouble I had was peeling off the magnets, they were pulling at the skin at the top of my nostrils. I now use alcohol on a que tips and slip it under the adhesive as I'm taking it off, no pulling at all. 
It took me about 10 days for total quick success with the Dreamway ports but I wasn't paying attention to details and everyone is different. I was trying to get then just like the video and I actually had them on right and didn't know it. Unless your nose is totally flat at the bottom the ports are not going to stay vertical. Also they say to aim for 10 and 2 on the clock and mine are a little higher, the top line of the adhesives line up to the point of my inner eye. So not having them exactly like the video. 
At the beginning you have to make sure you're paying attention to all the steps and quickly it will become a habit. It takes me 2 mins!

My process
Make sure you wipe your nose with whitch hazel or alcohol, they won't stay on if you don't.
Air or towel dry
Line up the port to your nostril, completely vertical making sure it's not to close so the plastic port is not right up against the skin under your nose or you will feeling pushing where your gums are.
Press the adhesive onto the septum and below and then push your nose to the side and gently swipe and press the adhesive. Do not swipe too hard or it will feel tight. I line up the second one even at the bottom with the other and they're totally even. I also took a side photo when I had them on correctly and referred to that at first.  
The ports will most likely not be completely vertical, plug the ports with your fingers and blow in and out to be sure there's no leaks.
Take the "mask" and make sure the vent is on completely and the nubs are at the top. It has a slight curve to it and you don't want it on upside down.
To connect the ports hold on to the plastic ring on the ports. Do not try to push onto your nose, you have to hold the ring from the outside.
You should hear 4 clicks and sometimes a few will click at the same time. Twist slightly and I usually hear one more click, repeat with the other side.
If the tube was not connected, connect and be sure it's on well, I've felt air coming from there a few times. 
Hook up to the main hose and the only air you should be feeling is a slight amount coming from the vents. If I feel any air I put my thumbs on the vent to be sure there's no air coming from any where else. 
I don't hook up the hose until I'm ready for sleep but some find it relaxing to lay with the air on for a bit.

Both ends of the tube have a connector, be sure you keep track of these especially while washing. I've misplaced one of the ends twice and the vent. 
It sounds like a lot of steps but I now can do this in about 2 mins. Ports on in the bathroom and connect in bed! Magnets are so easy it takes about 30 seconds!
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.