Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] CMS50F Pulse Oximeter (USB, no bluetooth)
RE: CMS50F Pulse Oximeter (USB, no bluetooth)
I bought my CMS50F in 2015.  ($99)  The OLED display fades over time.  (Even if not being used often.)  Mine is just about unreadable in the day time and barely readable at night.  These units are decent as long as the display lasts.  

From a brief search, it seems this is a common issue, even found a YouTube video on the problem.  Probably a failed or under-rated component.  Can't find a way to repair mine.  So, enjoy yours while it lasts.
Post Reply Post Reply
5 years use for 99$ seems like a very good buy
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
My first CMS50F lasted much less than five years!
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I purchased the CMS-50F two months ago from Supplier #19 for $99 including shipping. The owner spent a lot of time on the phone with me answering my questions and describing options for a pulse oximeter. I agree with his statement that this model is very comfortable to wear.

He said he only sells models that use a wired connection to one's computer, as people report problems with wireless connections. I prefer using a wired connection anyway due to privacy considerations. This supplier provides his own manual explaining how to set up and use the software, which was well written and is easier to use than the manufacturer's manual. The oximeter comes with a cable which connects to the familiar USB Type-A port on my Windows laptop. I have used the SpO2 Assistant program (installation CD comes with the oximeter) to create reports. This software is available only for Windows. The supplier says that Mac users can download the data and use OSCAR to process the data, but he does not provide technical support for OSCAR.

Please note that supplier is a complete DME supplier. The website name listed on the Apnea Board suggests that they only sell pulse oximeters, but in fact that have many other products, including new and refurbished CPAP machines and oxygen concentrators.

I liked the fact that I could call them and speak on the phone with a knowledgeable person before making my purchase, and the price was less than what I found on another site that appears to provide only online communication.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! I don't see where to order online--are they brick-and-mortar only? I see they're a 10+ hour drive from here. ?
To all, to each, a fair good-night,
And pleasing dreams, and slumbers light.
       Scott—Marmion. L’Envoy. To the Reader.

Diagnosed with OSA in 2014
AHI=18
Lowest SpO2: 79%
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought it was just me.  I used 3 different browsers and the Iphone and could not find a way to order.  There is a shopping cart but no way to put it into the cart!
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2020, 12:57 PM)Lambsydoats Wrote: Thank you! I don't see where to order online--are they brick-and-mortar only? I see they're a 10+ hour drive from here. ?

The owner told me recently that his e-commerce system is not working right now, so you can "shop online", but you can't place the order online. Just call them to place your order. I don't want to break the rules by posting the phone number, but you can find it on the website. (They are probably closed for Labor Day, will open tomorrow at 8:30 a.m. EDT.)
Post Reply Post Reply
It would seem their website is experiencing problems.  Since it is a holiday, maybe their site is just went down and there's no one around to fix it.  Also, they are located in Georgia.

Update: I emailed them, advising of the problem.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Wonderful. Thank you!
To all, to each, a fair good-night,
And pleasing dreams, and slumbers light.
       Scott—Marmion. L’Envoy. To the Reader.

Diagnosed with OSA in 2014
AHI=18
Lowest SpO2: 79%
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is an update I just received on Supplier #19's website.  

Quote:Date: Sept. 17, 2020
I had to take most of the shopping features off at the moment because our suppliers haven't been able to fill our orders due to shipping constraints and material shortages during the COVID-19 mess.  I have oximeters on order so as soon as the backorder is released, they will be back in stock and I just received notice this morning that they will be shipping out this week.  I may leave the shopping features off of my site for now to save on costs too even once these are back in stock.  I want to be able to offer good prices and the e-commerce fees and processing fees might make me have to raise prices and I don't want to do that.  I may leave our site up but have it request for customers to call us with their order.  We have been giving free shipping to customers that call in and may try to do some other discounts too to make up for the hassle until we can justify the e-commerce expenses with additional product offerings.   I will do this eventually, but for now we are doing everything we can to stay caught up with our retail store business, so I have had to cut back some on our internet store.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] O2 Ring Oximeter ejbpesca 0 428 02-01-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  [Product Review] Wellue SleepU Wrist Pulse Oximeter Crimson Nape 21 6,759 01-18-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: kappa
  [Product Review] Viatom/Wellue versus CMS50F Oximeters - A Comparison Ratchick 20 9,657 10-04-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [Product Review] Contec CMS 50I Pulse Oximeter drmaestro 1 2,965 09-08-2023, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [Product Review] Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Big Guy 5 2,780 02-20-2021, 10:21 AM
Last Post: DaveL
Thumbsup [Product Review] Jumper JPD-500F Wireless Bluetooth Finger Pulse Oximeter vivaldi 0 4,142 07-30-2019, 11:15 AM
Last Post: vivaldi
Thumbsup [Product Review] CONTEC PM60A Handheld Oximeter Pulse Monitor RWS0022 0 4,893 06-04-2019, 06:12 PM
Last Post: RWS0022

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.