Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] F&P Evora nasal mask
RE: F&P Evora nasal mask
I switched to the Evora a while back from the n30i mask. I really liked the design of the mask and how comfortable it felt at first. It was also less loud than my previous mask at higher pressure so that was a big deal for me. With earplugs I could barely hear anything when wearing the Evora while with the n30i I would still hear noise due to the fact that the tubes were going right next to my ears.

Unfortunately, the mask simply doesnt fit me. I keep getting leaks which wake me up. I am a side sleeper and I cant get a good seal on the mask, during the night I always get woken up by bigger leaks.

I also realized that I dislike the fact that the air goes on the sides and not to the front. Before I was worried about shooting air into my wifes face, now I constantly have air going on my arm ( I sleep with my arm under the pillow/close to my face ) or sometimes if position myself badly it hits the pillow and its pretty loud.

All in all, seems like a good mask but unfortunately it simply does not fit me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Picked up the F&P Evora Nasal Mask today ... anxious to try it.  

I loved the F&P Vitera full-face mask but the headgear straps around the back of my head were actually making a dent across my scalp -- it hurt every morning and the dents have stayed for months -- hopefully they will go away.  

I'm a mouth breather and thought I needed the full-face masks but I tape my mouth anyway so hopefully this Nasal Mask will work well.  The strap across the mid-section of the head (in the back) is thin and velcro still tightens them as needed.

There are nasal masks and nasal pillows --- this EVORA I picked up today is the MASK -- not the pillow (evidently fits over the nose/nasal area better).

Looking forward to a better night's sleep -- and again the Vitera is wonderful but I had to really tighten the straps for no air leaks -- to loosen them, I had a bad daily report.

Hope if anyone is having issues with their headgear denting into the back of the head / scalp -- try this mask.

Hopefully after a night or two, with the Evora, I can say  like
Post Reply Post Reply
TWO nights with the EVORA mask and it's been awful!

Fits to my nose okay -- and it's a MASK, not a PILLOW!

Can't keep the mask or straps in place and I've had lots of leaks.  My score has gone way down!  Having to readjust my mask throughout the night and on my ResMed unit, it shows a SAD face.  Get it back together and happy, then the next time I check, it's SAD again.  Soooooo frustrated!

The mask is very light and the straps are thin -- all that, I like it because it doesn't feel cumbersome as some full-face masks I've used.  This is the 4th mask I've used in little over a year.  The full-face masks have straps that fit over the lower back of my head and actually causes dents in my head/scalp.

I know I tighten my straps too much but when I don't, I get air leaks.

I have a phone app that detects snores, from none to epic and the last two nights, I think the background noise has been detected more than snores but with this mask, I even snore through my nose.   With a mask that doesn't work well or straps that cut into my head, I get up so tired and I dream more!  

I'm a mouth breather but I just tape my mouth so this nasal mask will work if I can just get the adjustments correctly.

I don't know if I'll make it through the two year contract or not!

Help    Cant-sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 40 10,526 04-08-2021, 08:47 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 52 24,613 04-08-2021, 08:39 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 15 2,401 02-20-2021, 03:29 PM
Last Post: GaspForAir
  [Product Review] BMC WNP Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask "Fealite" Sheepish 6 4,190 01-07-2020, 04:56 AM
Last Post: Sheepish
  [Product Review] The Respironics Wisp Nasal Mask trish6hundred 72 63,260 05-06-2019, 11:29 AM
Last Post: matsarge
  [Product Review] F&P Eson Nasal Mask RoRo 20 27,579 06-02-2016, 02:00 AM
Last Post: JamesW
  [Product Review] Resmed Activa LT Nasal Mask [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 13 16,207 02-13-2016, 11:27 PM
Last Post: Mr Nifty

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.