Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] F&P Pilairo Review
RE: F&P Pilairo Review
I have a discount offer for this mask from RPM so I may give it a shot. Currently using Aloha and Swift FX. I actually enjoy rotating my pillows and mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using the Pilairo for 5 years now.

Pros:
Very Quiet
Super Light
Soft pillows
Seals well

Cons:
Hose is always in the way*
Strap looses tension around 4 weeks
Head gear pressure points (cheek area)

*With my old mask the hose was attached to the gear at the top of my head.  
That was super nice as I could roll over without repositioning the hose.
Note that I use bungy strap to attach the hose to a slider on the headboard.  
With the Pilairo I have to manually twist the hose elbow the other direction and move the hose over.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2018, 09:15 AM)tokyo43 Wrote: Cons:
Strap looses tension around 4 weeks

Just now I was looking at the Pilairo on the F&P web site, and I see a possible way around that problem, maybe, for anyone who is still using the Pilairo, which is an earlier version of what became the Brevida. The Brevida uses an improved backstrap that has velcro adjusters in addition to the elastic. So the strap doesn't wear out until it really wears out; the elastic stretching is not a problem. You just take up the slack with the velcro. That better backstrap can be bought separately, but I don't know whether its plastic clips are the same dimensions as the Pilairo's. For anyone who wants to investigate this so as to preserve an existing investment in a Pilairo and its replacement pillows, the Brevida's strap has clips that are 9/32 inch wide (the slot on the frame is 5/16 inch by 3/16 inch) and 1/16 inch thick. Those dimensions are 7mm, 8mm by ~5mm, and 1.6mm.

(P.S.: Another minor problem with it, having nothing to do with the mask itself, is its name, which is often mis-read as "Pilario". So on the web sites of some suppliers, you need to misspell the name if you want to find it. It was a bad choice by the F&P marketingdroids, but I guess they couldn't foresee that.)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,238 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] Respironics Nuance / Pro Mask Review allielb83 52 59,028 01-08-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
Thumbsup [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 - A Comprehensive Review and Helpful Tips RayBee 17 13,046 10-09-2021, 06:14 AM
Last Post: berkshire17
Wink [Product Review] ResMed AirFit N30i Review/Comparison with DreamWear srlevine1 5 8,637 12-13-2019, 05:35 PM
Last Post: Feedsack
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit F20 FF mask review StevesSp 6 4,714 10-16-2019, 04:50 PM
Last Post: ragtopcircus
  [Product Review] New Dreamwear FFM Review April 7 2018 CZOscar 16 9,571 05-15-2018, 05:01 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Thumbsup [Product Review] Fisher & Paykel Pilairo nasal pillow mask aussie_sleepy 6 14,354 12-14-2014, 10:04 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.