Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Fisher and Paykel Sleepstyle 604 CPAP [copied from old forum]
Fisher and Paykel Sleepstyle 604 CPAP [copied from old forum]
Ltmedic66 Wrote:Fisher & Paykel Sleepstyle 604

I am a big fan of the F&P 604.  The CPAP and humidifier are a single, built together unit with a single power cord (no brick).  In my opinion, the greatest asset of this machine is the Thermosmart heated air hose.   The heated line delivers adjustable levels of humidity while preventing rainout.  Because it is relatively simple, this is a perfect unit for traveling.  An included carrying case accomodates everything but the mask.  I travel with mine several times a week, and breaking the CPAP down is a piece of cake.  Additionally, the F&P 604 appears to be high quality.  The heated hose appears durable and does not look like it will have breakdown issues (mine is 7 months old and still looks brand new).  The CPAP does have a ramp feature, though I only used it the first few weeks.

Even though it is a great machine, the F&P 604 has only "compliance" reporting capability.  It will only report the total hours used and the average of use per night.  The 604 will not give any information about leakage, AHI, or the amount of time it was used on a given night.  It is also a straight CPAP, so it will not auto adjust throughout the night.

Even so, it appears to be a good, solid machine that does not have a lot of complicated things to break down.  For anyone looking for a basic CPAP that is built with quality, I recomend the Fisher & Paykel 604!

Pros:

Heated air hose prevents rainout and delivers heated, humidified air all the way to the mask.
Good, solid build that will stand up to travel.
Easy to use, no complicated set up or menus.
Easy to break down and set up.

Cons:

One of the more expensive basic CPAPs
No data recording
No exhalation relief
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Respironics PR System One REMstar Auto with A-flex [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 5 16,057 09-05-2020, 02:20 PM
Last Post: GWild
  [Product Review] Respironics System One REMstar Pro C-Flex+ [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 9 19,433 11-18-2015, 04:05 AM
Last Post: cate1898
Smile [Product Review] Fisher & Paykel Icon+ Auto woozie38 8 12,376 03-02-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: woozie38
  [Product Review] Resmed S9 Escape [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 6 13,349 02-04-2015, 03:47 AM
Last Post: truckerdad57
  [Product Review] ResMed S9 AutoSet CPAP [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 44 64,916 04-04-2014, 06:15 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Information How to Review a Product in this forum SuperSleeper 0 15,136 02-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Product Review] PR SystemOne BPAP Auto w/Bi-Flex [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 0 6,715 02-18-2012, 12:03 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.