Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Jumper JPD-500F Wireless Bluetooth Finger Pulse Oximeter
Thumbsup 
Jumper JPD-500F Wireless Bluetooth Finger Pulse Oximeter

A. The overall value of the product (what you get for how much it costs)

Very good value. It can be found for $40 or less on various websites.  This product measures your pulse rate, oxygen level, and perfusion index (how strong the pulse is at the location you are measuring).   This product has Bluetooth ability to allow it to connect to Android and Apple phones. The CareMeOximeter app is used on your phone to record the session.  The phone can display various charts and displays high-low and average values for the session and shows how much time O2 level was between 99-90, 89-80, 79-70, 69-60, etc...

B. Whether the product worked as advertised.

The product did everything that was advertised.

C. What you liked about the product - be specific - with details.

It worked good.  It was comfortable and easy to wear at night.  It's wireless.  It allowed me to determine that my sleep apnea was causing my O2 levels to fall to dangerous levels and increasing my heart rate, putting great strain on my heart.  Once I did this test my resolve to find a good mask and become compliant with the CPAP was greatly increased.

I couldn't afford to do a sleep study just to verify that I had sleep apnea.  Here I was able to get the results I needed without have to pay an arm and a leg.

D. What you disliked about the product - again, be specific.

There's no easy way to download the data from the phone other than by taking screenshots of the printed charts and graphs (at least that I could determine).  That means you can't import into a spreadsheet or one of the various sleep apnea/CPAP programs on the computer (like SleepyHead etc).

Since it's wireless it uses batteries.  Unfortunately it uses 2 AAA batteries rather than built in lithium battery.  With regular batteries the device ran out of power after just one or two nights maximum.  That's pretty expensive, so I ended up getting rechargeable AAA batteries.  This means you have to recharge the batteries every morning.  It's not real difficult, but still not as nice as just plugging in a cord.

I had difficulty getting the device to work on one friend's iPhone.   I was able to get it to work on another friend's iPhone without much difficulty.  It worked on two different Android phones.  Not sure why the one iPhone didn't work, but they do advertise that it works for iPhone and Android.  Maybe there was some problem with the Bluetooth? 

E. Any suggestions you can offer to readers if they use this product themselves.

If you move around a lot at night you might consider using some medical tape to keep it stuck to your fingertip.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--
Vivaldi
Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] O2 Ring Oximeter ejbpesca 0 340 02-01-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  [Product Review] Wellue SleepU Wrist Pulse Oximeter Crimson Nape 21 6,548 01-18-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: kappa
  [Product Review] Contec CMS 50I Pulse Oximeter drmaestro 1 2,909 09-08-2023, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
Thumbsup [Product Review] CMS50F Pulse Oximeter (USB, no bluetooth) Peter_C 21 16,020 09-05-2021, 10:13 PM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Big Guy 5 2,682 02-20-2021, 10:21 AM
Last Post: DaveL
Thumbsup [Product Review] CONTEC PM60A Handheld Oximeter Pulse Monitor RWS0022 0 4,832 06-04-2019, 06:12 PM
Last Post: RWS0022
Idea [Product Review] Pulse Oximeter CMS-50D+ greatunclebill 83 81,856 06-24-2018, 11:28 PM
Last Post: turtlez

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.