Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] KnightsBridge ChinStrap [ADMIN NOTE: Caution- company website has been hacked]
KnightsBridge ChinStrap [ADMIN NOTE: Caution- company website has been hacked]
SuperSleeper Wrote:
ADMIN NOTE:  The KnightsBridge company website has been hacked.  We recommend not ordering from their website for the time being.  Please see THIS THREAD for updated information

I gave this four stars because it hot to wear. you're basically wearing a beanie cap. Made my scalp itch. 
 It definitely holds your mouth shut. the blue strap doesnt stretch. The white one stretchs over the blue one. Prob the best chinstrap there is that actually holds your mouth shut. Just to hot for me. and you cant wear it over most head gears. When you order it they have you measure your head just above your eyebrows and around the back of your head. mine was really actually too small. i suggest ordering one size bigger. it cost 34 bucks which is kind of expensive in my opinion. They let me trade it for another chinstrap but that strap just stretched easy letting me open my mouth.  
Might be a great strap if you get the right size and can handle the extra stuff on your head. 

[attachment=25424]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: KnightsBridge ChinStrap
Thanks for the review Doug. I'm sure it'll help others looking at the Knightsbridge.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2020, 03:56 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Thanks for the review Doug. I'm sure it'll help others looking at the Knightsbridge.

Thank you.  I didn’t wanna say anything negative but I was trying to be honest about it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good advice to order the next size larger any food review provides pros and con and practical advice. This hits all the reasons to submit a review. Thanks!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your review. I've ordered one.
I've used the PapCap off and on for years. I'm now having problems with it sliding down in front over my eye. Time for a change.

I hope the Knightsbridge works.

BTW I had to get in touch with them. I couldn't order one from Canada. They've fixed that; mine is on it's way. They were very helpful resolving this problem.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2020, 06:24 AM)DaveL Wrote: Thanks for your review. I've ordered one.
I've used the PapCap off and on for years. I'm now having problems with it sliding down in front over my eye. Time for a change.

BTW I had to get in touch with them.  I couldn't order one from Canada.  They've fixed that; mine is on it's way. They were very helpful resolving this problem.
It’s a good strap.  I’ve never been a hat wearer.  Scalp itches to easy.  Maybe if it were one size bigger I might have liked it.  I ordered it according to their instructions.   Measured above eyebrows around head.  Mine was pretty tight.  But my chin definitely wouldn’t open.  The blue strap secures it well.  Good luck to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2020, 09:00 AM)Dugy40 Wrote:

BTW I had to get in touch with them.  I couldn't order one from Canada.  They've fixed that; mine is on it's way. They were very helpful resolving this problem.
It’s a good strap.  I’ve never been a hat wearer.  Scalp itches to easy.  Maybe if it were one size bigger I might have liked it.  I ordered it according to their instructions.   Measured above eyebrows around head.  Mine was pretty tight.  But my chin definitely wouldn’t open.  The blue strap secures it well.  Good luck to you.

Thanks!
I have a collection of chinstraps I've used.  I have a bald spot on the back of my head.  Most slipped off, and my jaw opened. The one I found that worked they don't sell anymore.  Most of the straps pulled my jaw back, rather than pushing it forward.
Made my own under-jaw pad. It's ok....sometimes.And I've tried taping my mouth shut. 
I've used (on trial) about 10 full face masks. The ResMed F20 leaked like crazy.Maybe some good will come out of the sleep study I'll need to have to get a new machine. 
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2020, 03:20 PM)DaveL Wrote:
(08-16-2020, 09:00 AM)Dugy40 Wrote:

Thanks!
I have a collection of chinstraps I've used.  I have a bald spot on the back of my head.  Most slipped off, and my jaw opened. The one I found that worked they don't sell anymore.  Most of the straps pulled my jaw back, rather than pushing it forward.
Made my own under-jaw pad. It's ok....sometimes.And I've tried taping my mouth shut. 
I've used (on trial) about 10 full face masks. The ResMed F20 leaked like crazy.Maybe some good will come out of the sleep study I'll need to have to get a new machine. 

I bet you’ll like this strap then.  Good luck to you. Doug.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Doug. Your review helped me a lot
I believe that the Knightsbridge is very interesting. (Last night I woke up 4? times to adjust my PapCap. It had slipped over my right eye. I hate that feeling. I sent an email to the maker this morning to see what I've done wrong. I don't wear the PapCap much. I usually stop wearing it after a night when I've taken off my mask and PapCap before heading to the washroom. Then when I get back I get to rig up again. If I choose to go mask-only (no PapCap) I get to adjust my ResMed N20. By the time I've done all that I'm wide awake, and have trouble getting to sleep.)

Tonight I'll use my home made under chin pad instead.

Stay safe Doud. Take care.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
I have my Knightsbridge chin strap. I've tried it on; right size.
The vendor has been exceptional.
I'll try the strap tonight.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry [Product Review] The company pulseoximeter kfujioka 2 3,475 09-06-2014, 11:04 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Product Review] Seatec SleepTight Chinstrap [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 0 5,206 02-17-2012, 11:45 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.