Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] KnightsBridge ChinStrap [ADMIN NOTE: Caution- company website has been hacked]
RE: KnightsBridge ChinStrap
Last post. I promise.

I threw away the wash instructions. They're wrong. I put my Knighsbridge in a zippered up case. Turned the water on hot as heck. Set the washer for heaviest cleaning and had at it. I let the KDS air dry.

My complaints of itchy scalp are gone.

Then I took my ResMed N20 head gear and did the same. Same zippered up bag. Water hot as heck. Heaviest cleaning. Air dried it. The itchy spot on the back of my scalp (lowest point the head gear sat, just below the KDS---that's gone.

I'd stopped using the KDS. I'm using it again now.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks DaveL! Your experience with the KnightsBridge are
most helpful. I'm considering one. Maybe two, to let one
air dry.

The bonuses (Clic reading glasses and the washing info)
will also be invaluable. Great reviews!

Best,

Harv
Thanks to everyone who helps us get a better night's sleep.

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Harv my experience at first was: "It's the best of times". I reported I had zero leakage.

Since then I 've had issues. I"ve put it on in such a way it absolutely hurt. My fault. I was sore for hours the next day.

I followed instructions to buy the right size. I think mine are a little large. Don't know...I think that the best luck I have now is to pull it low on the back of my scalp. My bald spot makes it easy for it to slip and slide. I've had more than a few mornings finding it was covering an eye because it had moved. Not Larry's fault. Mine. So "Worst of times".

He's changed his site. I never thought of putting it on over my N20 mask. Until I went back to his site.

Masks and straps. Oh my. I use it; every once in a while.

Dave
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
I've advised the owner of Knightsbridge Dual Band. The Canadian Supplier I've used reports the size of the KDB incorrectly. On the Canadian site, Max size of the Large is 23.25 inches. It's 23.75 inches on Larry's site.

I'm considering buying one, but I have had fit issues with the two I own. They are Extra Large.

Change that I see: 2 caps are available. One is single layer. Cotton. The other is 3 layer. The 3 Layer one is the only one that was available when I bought my 2 caps.

DaveL
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, I'm seriously thinking about buying this. But....

Mask is Resmed F20 LARGE. I have a big head (lol).

Cap OVER headgear or cap UNDER headgear? No way I can size up headgear. Maxed out already.

Thanks gents!
Post Reply Post Reply
Lucky7

IIRC, when I bought my cap the site suggested one fitting....cap on; mask over cap. My mask didn't fit.  I had to buy a larger mask with larger heargear.  Cost me $300 Cdn. I didn't expect to buy a new mask to make it work. 

I looked at his video recently.  On the site, either way is fine.  Cap first, then mask; or mask first, then cap. 

Confession--when I started I was absolutely impressed with the cap. I had zero leakage. I reported that to the owner.   That didn't last.  I don't know what has changed.  That was a number of years ago.  Recently I bought a third cap.  I've not been able to  duplicate that result. 

Sizing is critical.

Adjustment is too...there's an adjustment at the back of the cap. I have to tighten that a lot to prevent the cap from slipping down over my eyes. My fault? Design? Don't know.

If you buy I believe you will have to put the cap on after putting the mask on. I have an F&P Evora Full full face mask. I can't adjust the straps to fit if I put the mask on first, then put the cap on over the mask.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: KnightsBridge ChinStrap [ADMIN NOTE: Caution- company website may have been hacked]
SuperSleeper Wrote:
ADMIN NOTE:  The KnightsBridge company website may have been hacked.  We recommend not ordering from their website for the time being.  Please see THIS THREAD for updated information
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: KnightsBridge ChinStrap [ADMIN NOTE: Caution- company website has been hacked]
The above thread went poof? What's going on?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: KnightsBridge ChinStrap [ADMIN NOTE: Caution- company website has been hacked]
There's two separate parties, each currently claiming ownership of the company.

Both parties are in a bitter legal battle and we cannot be certain that either one of them is now able to complete customer orders with on-time deliveries or even if they have the legal right to do so.  It all depends upon the outcome of the legal battle between these two individuals, which is not likely to be decided for several months.

So, in the meantime, to protect our membership during this legal dispute, the thread you referenced has been temporarily soft-deleted, as well as any link to either party's website on our Supplier List.

I would imagine that any existing inventory could be purchased on some DME websites, assuming they still have in-stock inventory.  But ordering from either of the two parties claiming to be the true manufacturer of the products is not recommended at this time, due to the legal battle.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks SuperSleeper.

Appreciate the work you've done and time you've spent. I have 3 of Larry's Caps. I'm using one of them again. The third one I bought is nowhere as good as the first two, because I bought the new cheaper model. My choice. Should have bought the better one. All 3 were extremely expensive buying them in Canada.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry [Product Review] The company pulseoximeter kfujioka 2 3,476 09-06-2014, 11:04 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Product Review] Seatec SleepTight Chinstrap [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 0 5,206 02-17-2012, 11:45 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.