Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] MAXOAK K5 297Wh CPAP Battery
RE: MAXOAK K5 297Wh CPAP Battery
Did you put the device in airplane mode to curtail power loss? It's probably negligible.

I saw one comment that the next version will automatically turn off the light after a period of time.

It appears that you cannot charge and use the device at the same time and that the charger operates at 24v which precludes 12v batteries unless in series -- which defeats the weight limit.

FAA and some other common carriers require you to have a hazardous material license to ship LION batteries over the specified size. No consumer waiver.

I will also try charging the Maxoak unit from my APC 1500 backup unit that outputs 120 vac.

Did you get a customer service email contact with the purchase?
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
I did not use airplane mode, as far as I know the airplane mode only turns off the modem that now and then ping the nearest GSM station. It will most likely not impact the overall power consumption.

I got a customer service email address in the box, but I threw that away with the box. My contact with them was via Ali Express and they answered very quickly.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just purchased the Maxoak CPAP yesterday and based that off their responsive customer support (through Amazon) and overall sheer capacity. From what I saw its the best unit out there for the price... and a big plus is you dont need the $90 DC converter power brick. For me it's not really something I bought to go camping...and if I ever planned a overnight trip to Europe I'd probably get a FAA compatible battery alongside a travel sized CPAP. I purchased this unit simply for emergency power in the event of a power outage.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it would be great if you trialed the backup power source and posted a review. It seems like a very good unit, and it's worth knowing it works before you need it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2019, 04:57 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I think it would be great if you trialed the backup power source and posted a review. It seems like a very good unit, and it's worth knowing it works before you need it.

Yeah I might do that... I'll update here if I decide to do it... maybe run it a  entire night w/ humidifier on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a update the Maxoak battery can only be used on one CPAP machine at a time. If size/weight isn't a issue you could get a Goal Zero Yeti 1000 and probably use the AC output for 1 maybe 2 units for one night. I see it has 12V DC output so I'm not sure it would work with a ResMed AirSense 10.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Converter with Jackery Explorer 160 Battery AndyB 6 5,293 03-12-2023, 03:07 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  [Product Review] Gissaral GIS09B-AP3 lithium-ion battery pack (power bank) Fats Drywaller 4 3,036 11-12-2018, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Fats Drywaller
Idea [Product Review] UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) for CPAP - PAP Battery Kit by Phillips Respironics dk2011 2 3,994 06-24-2018, 06:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Product Review] Battery, AUDEW Portable "Generator" 220Wh/60,000mAh Gideon 3 3,267 08-22-2017, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Gideon
Thumbsup [Product Review] Battery Powered! mjbearit 23 14,676 04-12-2015, 08:47 PM
Last Post: GeoffD
  [Product Review] RPSII Resmed battery pack Laevelder 2 4,440 10-10-2013, 01:55 PM
Last Post: mmcbath1492

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.