Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Philips Respironics System One PRS1 Heated Tube Upgrade Kit for Humidifier Series 60
Philips Respironics System One PRS1 Heated Tube Upgrade Kit for Humidifier Series 60

This kit only works on the 60 series units, unfortunately it will not work with the 50 series units

If you have a PRS1 (Philips Respironics System One) Series 60 C/A/Bi PAP machine with a humidifier the odds are good you have the standard humidifier without the heated hose or climate line.

The base unit has "classic humidification" of settings 1-5 where the water is heated by the humidifier base plate, and the settings of 1-5 are strictly for humidification with 1 being the lowest setting and 5 being the maximum humidification setting. The hose itself is not heated in the base model.

If you are experiencing cold air, or rain out, (where condensation creates water in the hose or mask) then this upgrade kit is what you are looking for.

The kit can be found for $100 or less, a pretty good overall value for what is included.

The kit includes;
1- Humidifier Cover with heated hose adapter.
1- Heated hose, climate line.
1- AC Adapter 80W.
1- Instruction manual.

The installation is quite simple, and straight forward. You open the standard humidifier pulling the current cover upward till you hear a cracking sound. Then you gently but firmly pull the top of the cover upwards to remove it. Next run the power connector on the current cover down into the base of the unit and attach it. Then slide the new cover back down and on and close the cover. Now replace the old hose with the new one, and replace the old power supply with the new one and you're all done.

You will now have access to the series one humidification. In the setup you may now set the humidification from 1-3 with 1 being the lowest humidity level and 3 being the maximum.  The 5 setting dial that used to control humidity now controls the heated hose. 5 settings of heat are available with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the maximum heat.

Bang for the buck I would say this is a great addition if you need the heat as I did.

It works just as they said it would, heating the air over the ambient room temperature, and stopping rain out even at higher humidification levels.

You will notice that with the modification it will use more water as heating the air allows for more moisture and so more water use.

Overall I like the unit, and can find not a single drawback to using it. I would recommend it to anyone, and frankly I think it should be standard on all the units.[/align]

I hope you enjoyed my review, and I hope it has helped you, if you'd care to discuss the product or comment on it, please do so at the link below;

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...s-60--7953
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips Respironics System One PRS1 Heated Tube Upgrade Kit for Humidifier Series 60
Oh! Retrofitting! What a novel idea!

Thank you for the review!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips Respironics System One PRS1 Heated Tube Upgrade Kit for Humidifier Series 60
I only found out about it because of all you guys and gals so it made sense to tell everyone about it. If not for everyone here I wouldn't know most of what I know now.

Honestly I don't know why they did it as sort of an after thought but it's a nice upgrade.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Waiting to see if Medicare will buy mine, or if I will have to. To compare to the S9 and S8 series by Resmed? To me it feels like the stock setup stops one level to early, and the Resmed without the heated hose works better than the System One without the heated hose.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
My machine came with the heated hose and Medicare covered it. Im not sure if it will cover a retrofit. A sure way to get them too is have your doc tell them you need it for the extra humidity for medical reasons as it does up the available humidity to mask greatly.

A Doc can get Medicare to cover practically anything if he/she sets their mind too it and willing to do the paperwork. Trouble is most arent willing too.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Philips Respironics Slim Lightweight White Performance Hose (6 foot) DancesWithCats 0 386 12-23-2023, 10:05 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] Respironics Premium Chin Strap III ginzo 5 6,762 09-16-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [Product Review] RESMED OXIMETRY KIT FOR AIRSENSE 10 SERIES srlevine1 14 11,583 05-09-2023, 06:13 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Product Review] CPAPology Houdini CPAP Hose Support System Desiree 1 2,214 03-22-2021, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Cpap626
Idea [Product Review] UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) for CPAP - PAP Battery Kit by Phillips Respironics dk2011 2 3,995 06-24-2018, 06:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Product Review] Weinmann / Löwenstein prismaAQUA humidifier Costas P 9 10,468 05-05-2017, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Costas P
  [Product Review] ResMed 12/24 volt DC Converter for S9 Series Machines [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 3 21,125 05-23-2012, 09:33 AM
Last Post: TorontoCPAPguy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.